• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2: HoS singleplayer

I downloaded Heroes of Stalingrad before Rising Storm came out, so its in my library at all times. When I want to install i just click install. I can play the multiplayer in both rising storm and hos. I cannot play the single player. When it fails to load, it goes to black screen, flashes then back to desktop with the game being minimized in my tray window at the bottom. When cicking on the game, i hear the audio but either have a black screen or my desktop

Upvote 0
I installed RO2 from, this disk originally on Tuesday, May 28 and before I installed the Rising Storm Beta I received from a friend.

ro2disk.jpg

I then bought the Digital Deluxe version of RS so I could have the extra content. Rising Storm installed by itself on Wednesday, May 29 and got rid of my RO2 install. I restarted Steam several times, yet no RO2 SP showed up though I did download the RO2 Beta software on that date. Even after I shut my PC down and restarted Steam the following day and downloading a different game, I still have no RO2 SP listed in what I own.

Even when going to the RO@/RS Steam Store page, I am shown to only own RO2 GOTY version even though I paid for the extra content (a couple of rifles I believe) and it does not show I own said content unlike other games that I own that shows what DLC I do own when I go to that games store page.

I am not running two monitors and I can run at least the MP part though I have only tried training and am having issues with the middle mouse button not working correctly and I have to alt-tab out of game and use the task manager to quit the game as there is no other way to do so.

I just would like to play something that I paid for and am unable to so far.

Upvote 0
I installed RO2 from, this disk originally on Tuesday, May 28 and before I installed the Rising Storm Beta I received from a friend.

I then bought the Digital Deluxe version of RS so I could have the extra content. Rising Storm installed by itself on Wednesday, May 29 and got rid of my RO2 install. I restarted Steam several times, yet no RO2 SP showed up though I did download the RO2 Beta software on that date. Even after I shut my PC down and restarted Steam the following day and downloading a different game, I still have no RO2 SP listed in what I own.

Even when going to the RO@/RS Steam Store page, I am shown to only own RO2 GOTY version even though I paid for the extra content (a couple of rifles I believe) and it does not show I own said content unlike other games that I own that shows what DLC I do own when I go to that games store page.

I just would like to play something that I paid for and am unable to so far.
contact steam and file a support ticket with them. even if you didn't previously own RO2, purchasing the Rising Storm game entitles you to both the multi-player RO2 and the single player RO2. if it doesn't show in any of your games lists, they need to know. i don't think anyone can fix it but them.

Upvote 0
At this time, there are two RO2 related game apps (beside the betas) on Steam. One is called 'Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer' and 'Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Single Player'.

The first one everyone should have, who owns a (retail) copy either of RO2 or RI. The second one is only available for owners of RO2 and should be there after a restart of Steam under 'All games' ready for install.

Before the release of RI in the DLC tab of RO2 there was the Single Player listed as extra DLC (this system was for the free weekends to prevent free players from playing it), which schould now be gone there!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
contact steam and file a support ticket with them. even if you didn't previously own RO2, purchasing the Rising Storm game entitles you to both the multi-player RO2 and the single player RO2. if it doesn't show in any of your games lists, they need to know. i don't think anyone can fix it but them.
I have a ticket in with Steam Support and yet to hear back from them. My middle mouse button issue appears to be fixed though.

Upvote 0
they aren't fast. that's why I was wishing you the best on their forum. :eek:
Thanks, but I am posting both there and here now. Not sure why you were banned, but I could possibly be banned as I stated something about the game engine not being up to par and possibly be the reason why something breaks every time something is added to the game. :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks, but I am posting both there and here now. Not sure why you were banned, but I could possibly be banned as I stated something about the game engine not being up to par and possibly be the reason why something breaks every time something is added to the game. :eek:
looks like Moskeeto was right. I was only banned from the old forums. I can post in the new ones still, but really, it's such a dumb forum layout, there's not too much reason to be over there cept to watch the drama queens.
you're not going to be banned for that. especially by steam.

Upvote 0
You do not get RO2 SP with RS:
Bonus Content: All Red Orchestra 2 multiplayer content is included with Rising Storm as a free bonus. Fight in the Pacific, then fight on the Eastern Front at any time, all in the same game and same server browser. Find out what made Red Orchestra 2 PC Gamer’s Multiplayer FPS of the Year in 2011 with this award winning content.

Upvote 0
Same problem here, no matter how many times I use the dvd retail version of HoS, it still doesn't show the singleplayer content. I have tried to reinstall at least three times, and steam just overides my dvd and downloads again from steam online.
Also I have no option to input the password that comes with the retail version.
Having paid for the dvd version, I'll be pretty upset if now it is deemed 'useless' after I bought RS and updated..

Upvote 0
Well TWI, Steam has placed the missing SP back in your court as seen here:

Hello WK77,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

Support for this title is provided by the original developer or publisher. Please refer to the following article for more information on contacting the support team for this title:

Title: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_a...ODZ-8344&tpg=1

It is recommended that you complete any applicable steps on the page linked above. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you click the blue "technical support" link provided in the article to contact the support department for this title.

As an alternate resource, please check Steam Discussions for other users that may have resolved this issue. You can find this game by using the search box near the top of the page:

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/#games

It just isn't myself who would like the retail version of SP that we paid for back. TWI and Steam needs to get together and sort this out.

Upvote 0
@WhiteKnight77
Is the Singleplayer DLC still missing in the DLC tab? A friend of mine had that too, when RI was released and now it is back.

Also a question about what exactly is standing in you Account Details (when you click your account Name in the upper right Corner of Steam) for you subscription for Red Orchestra 2 retail?

Upvote 0
@WhiteKnight77
Is the Singleplayer DLC still missing in the DLC tab? A friend of mine had that too, when RI was released and now it is back.

Also a question about what exactly is standing in you Account Details (when you click your account Name in the upper right Corner of Steam) for you subscription for Red Orchestra 2 retail?
Yes, it is still missing from my DLC list and this is what is shown:

subscriptions.jpg

:mad:

Upvote 0