• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-Zavod (screens)

ill post a wireframe once the wireframe auctally represents what the map will be (makes any sense?)
Atm there are plenty of bsp placeholders and what not but after i replace them with their mesh counterpart i'll gladly pimp.
Think ill start making em tomorrow and they're fairly simple and shouldnt take too long to texture but expect to ammounts of detail to go up a little.

* edit
What makes everything look good are the textures. Im rather pleased with most of them ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Will those opposing walls be more than 1 grenade toss distance from each other? I would suggest that, because it would be more fun if you had to shoot each other as you popped up.

But it looks like the distance is close enough to throw nades back and forth. Maybe that's exactly how you want it.

Or you could remove nades from the map. Or have only smoke grenades for the officers, to add some confusion?

Upvote 0
what walls in what picture?

*Edit
i figure you mean between the house and the broken house?
The idea behind is for the attackers to have a harder time attacking. The broken house is just that (broken) and so tossing in nades is rather easy due to the big freggin hole ;) but in the house thats not broken its not as easy. Tho you, as the attacker, can take an underground passage and pretty much take em from behind if they're not careful. So its a balance thing :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heres a shot of the center area of the map. All in a days work so lighting is nt 100%
wip9gp7.jpg

Upvote 0
a xmasmap? does this mean i have to add in santa and sir rudolf? on the rooftop? :eek:

and for those who are wondering, yes the thread changed name. Ran into Yoshiro and he was kind enough to take care of itl. :)

Oh, and i wasnt pleased with the lighting in my previous screen so i worked some more on it. Added in animated moonbeams from the windows, upped the contrast and small tweaks here and there. heres the result
wip11du0.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I looked at the walls of this main room, the bits with the cross-shaped struts, and thought, "this guy has made UT maps before" - dunno why, just did.

I often wondered about whether it was such a good idea to use lots of light actors in a map but I think you are showing here that it can be a very good idea.

It reminds me a lot of the construction hall in Krasniy Oktyabr and I think that, with split -level action, it could be at least as enjoyable as that map.

I notice , and greatly appreciate, the name-change. I just hope people don't think it's named after a character from 'Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" :D

BTW the moonlight rocks bells.

Upvote 0
Drevlin,

Just thought I'd pop into this thread and welcome you to the RO community. This is some outstanding work (and I've played UT2004 before) so I know what this engine is capable of in the right hands

I'm just a noob mapper, but I think all of us custom mappers here are glad to have someone that's going to push us to the very best we can do - of course, besides the awesome folks at TW.:D

Upvote 0
thanks to both of ye, good to be here ;)
Nestor, i use atleast 3 lights for most lamps. One very strong near the source, another with wider range but lower brightness and then one that i set brightness to 1 and lightradious to 128 and use as corona so that it will be visible all the time.
the blueish ceiling light in the sshot got another lightactor near the ground to give it spotlightish feel :)

Upvote 0