• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-MyshkovaRiver beta2

FlashPanHunter

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2005
Okay, I have a new beta for Myshkova River. The changes include:

Additional map time, now at 38 minutes.
Reduced reinforcement level to make them a factor in the map
Added another p4 and another german tanker slot
Added several german auto rifle classes (g41)
Gave the german commander the option of the g41
Added some mine zones to help push the soviets back after germans capture an objective
Added some anti portals for perforance increase
Ajusted germans spawns near the river crossing to help with this objective

Those are all the major changes that come to mind. One problem however is that I never saw the ending of the map because the germans never were able to cross the river. Looking over this section, I may want to do some serious changes with the layout, so please give some feedback over this area. What I am thinking is somehow removing the last two map objectives and replacing it with some sort of final position very close to the village on the far side of the river. I don't want the map to be too huge, so I would do this to try and limit the time on the map. It would be great to get it down to 30 minutes.

Also, beta 1 did not get put on a number of the 50 player servers, any one know why this was the case? The map was more or less designed for the larger player counts, so it would be great to see it up on these servers.

Enjoy, comments as always are appreciated.

DOWNLOAD

I dunno about you guys, but this map renders at 200-300 fps on my computer at 1920x1200 with everything maxed. No AA or AF though. Now try to make shadows for all those trees and buildings and I'm happy GFX wise :p

Good lord, I was thinking it was getting a bit tight performance-wise.

I've been thinking about adding shadows to the forested areas, maybe I'll try and add them in for the next beta.

No problems with FPS with beta 1. I would prefer a little more cover, just a few meshes, at some of the objectives instead of smoke though. I like infantry avoiding tanks and engaging each other, kinda exciting to me.

Okay, I'll be doing another beta once I see how the last objectives play out and Ill add some more cover, rocks and like.

Upvote 0
Some more fallen trees as cover would also look good, better than those rocks that fell from heaven ;)

Yeah, those rocks are damn ugly, I think I can do something better with them. I'll try some fallen trunks and more natural rocks and the like.

I'm still thinking about trying to get some winter uniforms into the map, something along tne lines of what you have in your sig would be great. I'm going to see if I can put together anything passable for the texture, if anyone has some coding ability to get them ingame and working properly online, redirects and all, and wants to help, let me know.

Upvote 0
I'm still thinking about trying to get some winter uniforms into the map, something along tne lines of what you have in your sig would be great. I'm going to see if I can put together anything passable for the texture, if anyone has some coding ability to get them ingame and working properly online, redirects and all, and wants to help, let me know.

I can give it a shot. My experience is with vehicle skins, but I think the process is fairly similar.

Upvote 0

This would be great! IMO the Axis really have a hard time assaulting on this excellent map and need every kind of assistance in the form of cover, camoflage, armor, time and reinforcements that you can offer them. The slaughter of Axis after capping the 1st objective is horrific....:eek:

Historically, the Axis used to wear arm bands on their uniforms to avoid confusion with the Allies:
armbands.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
also I think that Dr Guppy made some snow skins for those zis trucks you might want to try and get those.

Feel free to use any of the custom content from Leningrad FPH (or anyone else). I haven't played your map yet but I assume you're using the stock tanks that don't have snow versions, right? Welt did up some nice snow versions for the KV1s, PzIVF1, and PzIII so don't hesitate to use them if you want. :) Hopefully I'll get some time to check out MyshkovaRiver soon! :cool:

Upvote 0