• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Haiku thread!

I'm going to go ahead and ask, are you sure you know what a haiku is? I know an on and a syllable are not the same thing, but "He saw me, aimed and missed" is 6 syllables, and to my knowledge typically there are as many or more on than syllables. I can't just write it off as my not knowing where on begin and end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
According to Wikipedia, a haiku follows the following format:

5 syllables
7 syllables
5 syllables

Anyway, here are a few I came up with. I'll post more later when I think of them.

satchel objective
warn teammates, they listen not
ban until map change

on guadalcanal
flamethrower meets banzai charge
achievement unlocked

recon plane flies high
machine gun fires skyward
down in flames, ten points

close-quarters combat
bolt-action, hipfire, kill
accused of hacking

fight with all your heart
thirty seconds 'til round end
autobalanced, f***!

Upvote 0
Haikus are actually extremely complex.... they reference landmarks and nature sights that are significant to Shintoism, as well as realigning kanji (the Chinese characters used in Japanese as opposed to the Japanese alphabet) used in other haikus (haikus were all kind of cover songs if you will), as well as using "stroke numbers" (each Kanji has a specific number of strokes of the pen/brush) kind of in the way we would use syllables. I only took 4 years of Japanese and forgot most of it - but one of my teachers was really into Haikus... and he emphasized that 99% of modern Japanese don't understand it, it was developed a very long time ago (Basho wrote in the 1670s (i think)), has a lot to do with an archaic style of writing Japanese as well as old school Shintoism.

run and gun game play
fallen blossom of day's past
where does one go now?

Last edited:
Upvote 0