• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RIP Stiletto

Maybe because they're ingrates who as a percentage of all the matter in the entire universe, didn't realise how infinitely insignificant everything that they called "them" is? Their body, their mind, the arrangement of atoms that was THEM statistically shouldn't have happened. They could be a dust cloud in space, or a drop of frozen water on a comet. But they, among ALL of the matter in the universe cobbled together something called sentience. Didn't they realise how lucky they were? They won the greatest lottery in the entire history of EXISTENCE. That alone is cause for celebration. And they, feeling what I'm sure they thought was a cruel and unfair punishment cut that down after only 20-30 short years? Madness. They were alive, that's more than the rocks, the dirt, the dust cloud, the ice cubes, and all the other atoms floating around get. They were more lucky than they knew. They should have enjoyed it, whatever it happened to be, while you could; because that's all there was and ever will be.

never looked at it that way. i

Upvote 0
I read about this yesterday, and I still can't believe it happened. I'm pretty new to the RO community, and I can't say I knew him that well, not even in game, but I think I played with him a couple of times, and we talked on his last thread, regarding his new CZ.

Other than the fact that Frank, who seemed relativly happy with life to me, decided to throw his life away, I am deeply disturbed by something else:

This is not a kneejerk reaction. I considered it for a while before closing it.

If you read the news article someone posted a link to in the condolences thread, he apparently shot himself on the beach. Taking into account that it would be rather obvious to walk out onto a public beach with a battle rifle, it's a pretty fair assumption that he shot himself with his CZ, his one and only handgun.

No, the firearm didn't cause the troubles that led him to this point, but it was the tool that allowed him to take that final step. Someone that has been a respected member of this community for years ended himself with that weapon.

The statement is not what is bothering me. I am disturbed by Wicked's post because, it's familiar to me, and, as I read it a few minutes ago, I became pretty sure that I had experienced a deja vu of reading that post.

RIP Frank/Stiletto. You will be missed:(:(:(.

Upvote 0
Maybe because they're ingrates who as a percentage of all the matter in the entire universe, didn't realise how infinitely insignificant everything that they called "them" is? Their body, their mind, the arrangement of atoms that was THEM statistically shouldn't have happened. They could be a dust cloud in space, or a drop of frozen water on a comet. But they, among ALL of the matter in the universe cobbled together something called sentience. Didn't they realise how lucky they were? They won the greatest lottery in the entire history of EXISTENCE. That alone is cause for celebration. And they, feeling what I'm sure they thought was a cruel and unfair punishment cut that down after only 20-30 short years? Madness. They were alive, that's more than the rocks, the dirt, the dust cloud, the ice cubes, and all the other atoms floating around get. They were more lucky than they knew. They should have enjoyed it, whatever it happened to be, while you could; because that's all there was and ever will be.

Agreed totally.....

I dont know what to say. I didnt knew him well but i do knew who he was.

Suicide.......

only makes your enemies happy.

Upvote 0
I had one faithful comrade
'Ere we heard the trumpet's call,
And we pledged our hearts forever
In battle joined together
To beat the foe or fall.

A musket shot came screaming
To seal his fate or mine
Right at my feet he stumbled,
And friendship's shrine it crumbled
Around that friend of mine.

His hand is blindly seeking
The clasp I cannot give
For duty calls me onward
Farewell my dying comrade,
Our love shall ever live.

Upvote 0
I think it's a bit unrespectful to call it the "ultimate selfish act". It's the most difficult choice anyone can make. Not that I approve of it course.

Did you see what he wrote in his "Finally took the CZ-82 home" post in his Livejournal?

"Some days, I really just want to walk away from everything and start over where nobody knows me."

:(

Some truly sickening rude posts on his Livejournal by the way. God that makes me so angry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had one faithful comrade
'Ere we heard the trumpet's call,
And we pledged our hearts forever
In battle joined together
To beat the foe or fall.

A musket shot came screaming
To seal his fate or mine
Right at my feet he stumbled,
And friendship's shrine it crumbled
Around that friend of mine.

His hand is blindly seeking
The clasp I cannot give
For duty calls me onward
Farewell my dying comrade,
Our love shall ever live.

I really don't think Ich hat einer Kameraden is all that fitting for a suicider.

Upvote 0
I really don't think Ich hat einer Kameraden is all that fitting for a suicider.

Maybe, maybe not. It is tragic to have someone to do something horrible like that, but since I barely knew him (besides what I have heard that most of the people said he was one of those nice guys), but really, what am I supposed to say about other people's problems, especially if I do not know anything else about it than what I just have heard?

I admit it, it may be quite misleading, but:

Neither is discussing different opinions in a tribute topic.

Whatever the case might be, my condolences for his family shall go.

Upvote 0
Some really bad juju was floating around last night. First off the news of stiletto, then I went to socal guns website to read the funny posts of dumbasses at the ranges and the thread starter posted a very depressing article of people offing themselves at the ranges, then I started thinking about my ex gf, and my two friends went over to a friends house and it started snowing bad here and they didn't come back and I was getting a bit worried and I actually had a dream something happened, but they came back at like 5 am. Wow last night was seriously creepy.

Upvote 0