• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RIP Stiletto

whatever bad things happened to Chen I'm sure they were not irreparable. in some exceptional cases I can accept suicide (person has missing legs, wife left him, his kid died in a fire, his dog, everything down to his turtle pet). I don't know if Chen was part of this exceptional case, but in general I find this the ultimate selfish act. Chen can't feel a thing now, but his friends and family can and they are by far the worst feelings a mind can harbour. :mad:
it's great that people reunited to express their sympathy and sorrow, but there always has to be someone with completely opposite reaction. I'm sorry it has to be me.

rip Chen
your friends and family are not.

Upvote 0
I dont know about you guys.. but I found out before I had to goto work today...

As soon as I got to work.. it hit me hard and sunk in deep... although I did not know him outside of RO, I still talked and competed with him enough to consider him a friend...

I went into my work ok..... and then I just started to bawl my eyes out.....

It felt as though I had truly lost a good buddy.... and I cant even play RO or concentrate right now.... Im that sad and shaken up....

Its one thing to have been killed, but to take your own life..... WTF WAS SOOO BAD TO MAKE YOU DO THAT!? :( :( :( :(

Crying as I write this....

Upvote 0
I never said anything bad about stiletto in my post. I enjoyed reading about him in the history forums (recently purchased a new pistol)

I don't like saying RIP in threads like these because it's already been said.

right... I see that, but it seems hella rude to say "we all have to go somtime" when he killed himself... srry to jump on you like that

Upvote 0
I used to face him in Battle For Europe in the RO mod. What a fearsome warrior he was. Helluva nice guy in the forum, a good person. Not a friend, but he was someone I respected very much.

If any of you ever get to this point in life, think of your friends, of your family, of your loved ones, and imagine the hole you will leave in their lives. Whatever misery you think you're suffering will be inflicted on them ten-fold.

That's two prominent RO members dead by the barrel of a gun within 4 months... RIP Stiletto and Tekkobra.

Upvote 0
Rest well Stiletto, you are missed.

It always amazes and enheartens me the way people get together when tragedy occurs.

I hope that his family sees this thread and the others posted on various clan sites. I think it would be nice for them to see that their grief is shared, if only in part. Does anyone have contact with them or an email address that links could be forwarded to?

Upvote 0