• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifles Have Been Nerfed Post-Patch

This has pretty much happened with exactly every release i bet if you did a search you will find like 4 threads going back every 3-6 months :p

Most patches it was thesame thing and thats the recoil having been changed.
Aka people get different fps because recoil is dependend on fps, and that actually does cause a difference in recoil of the gun.

This case people aren't saying that the rifle actually was changed people are getting packetloss like issues, or atleast i am. Even when the server is fine and not near full load and i get no reports of packetloss. Still occasionally i see a person warping a bit.

What people have problems with is definite hits of bullets not registring and not firing at all. We don't say the accuracy of the kar/mosin is any worse, and its probasbly in every weapon. But bolt/ptrd users because they depend on single shots more than other weapons got more problems with it. With others it could easilly be due the inaccuracy of the gun. But i know the rifle shoots straight :\.

Now or there is something wrong with my computer suddenly after the patch and some other people =\.

I mean even with packetloss on a server thats overloaded (without pings going higher) people often don't notice the packetloss.

So does anyone in here soemtimes have the mega speed, without getting packetloss. That an enemy might fast forward for a split second :\

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You know, if this is such a important issue why dont you gather some friends, lock a server and load a long range rifle map, fraps it, and prove this is actually happening?

I mean if 50% of the people in this thread is noticing it, it should show when you've made a video of it.

Come on just show those lousy sceptics that they are wrong, if this bug actually exists i would be more than happy to know about it because I'm such a devoted rifleman.

The burden of proof is on the accuser not the defendant.

Upvote 0
Might be no bug, but I don't think you can post a video like that and think it proves there is no bug. No one said you can never get kills, just that sometimes bullets don't register when they should. I don't know yet myself, gonna test some more and maybe come up with a video of it happening if it does.

Upvote 0
Might be no bug, but I don't think you can post a video like that and think it proves there is no bug. No one said you can never get kills, just that sometimes bullets don't register when they should. I don't know yet myself, gonna test some more and maybe come up with a video of it happening if it does.​

Let us hear what you come up with.. as I recall from the SPLAT server (before they ruined it by running a grenade mutator) you are absolutely deadly with a bolt and shuold be able to bring some good insigths.

Upvote 0
patch problems

patch problems

I thought i would pass on what happened to me , on odessa i ran into a building and came across a russian standing by a door i shot him almost point blank with four shots in the chest and nothing happened . The russian then looked at me raised his gun and killed me . It took him a second or two to shoot me because i think he was just as shocked as i was at what just happened.:eek:

Upvote 0
It's happening.....all the sarcasm and instantly negative replies are of no use in figuring it out tho.

Players who bolt know that something is different, some guys achieve higher hit percentages than others......with this issue that percentage is affected.....of course if guys are averaging their normal number of kills maybe they're not used to getting high kills per round etc.
Sooooooooo, would any comments on this at least be constructive please?

Upvote 0
If it's a packet loss problem then does it not seem likely that the effects people experience will depend on their respective conection? That would explain why some are seeing problems and others are not.

As i've said earlier I experienced the same problem, but for me it seemed to be related to the mouse lag compensation settings in input device. Once I had it disabled my problem went away. I know of at least one other person who seems to have solved the problem in the same way.

If this was activated during the patch for everyone across the board (all I know is it was on my setup), then those of us that have no mouse lag will suffer and those that do, won't see any problem. Until some more people play around with it and post there findings I can't be sure, but all I know is it seemed to work for me.

Upvote 0
If it's a packet loss problem then does it not seem likely that the effects people experience will depend on their respective conection? That would explain why some are seeing problems and others are not.

As i've said earlier I experienced the same problem, but for me it seemed to be related to the mouse lag compensation settings in input device. Once I had it disabled my problem went away. I know of at least one other person who seems to have solved the problem in the same way.

If this was activated during the patch for everyone across the board (all I know is it was on my setup), then those of us that have no mouse lag will suffer and those that do, won't see any problem. Until some more people play around with it and post there findings I can't be sure, but all I know is it seemed to work for me.

Can you post what you did exactly?
I did some tweaks to the mouse in the .ini (as described in the sticky we have the support sect.)- could be the update reverted them back?

Upvote 0
youarenowhere.gif

Stole this from one of the after hourz guys during the COD2 release

Upvote 0
The "Mouse Smoothing" and "Reduce Mouse Lag" are tic boxes under the Input tab in your settings menu. Turn those OFF if you are using a WIRED mouse.

I use a Copperhead and they've been unchecked since release, though I've had to reuncheck them each time a patch was released...as it defaults to them being active. Though i highly doubt this to be the cause of everyone's problems, it's a thing to eliminate from the process of bugfixing.

youarenowhere2.gif

Upvote 0