• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifles Have Been Nerfed Post-Patch

On related news... anyone else finding themselves warping around like crazy since the patch? All the times I've had issues with the rifle, have been during/around the time I've warped around. Stat net shows my ping is solid and my pl is non existant, yet I find myself often warping around as much as I used to when I played UT1 on a 56k winmodem!

It's frustrating to be happily running around getting perfect shots, only to suddenly warp 5metres away from where I thought I was, and suddenly find myself unable to hit anyone for several seconds. I'm suspecting it's related to overloaded servers? It has happened to me on all the servers I've tried (all high player count though).

Actually, yes. In both the instances it happened to me, I noticed that I was warping slightly.

As I've said, I think this is an issue of server overload of some kind. Not sure what the cause is (IE: the NP mutator or something else), but servers are behaving as if they can't handle the load.

Upvote 0
Try this:
Load ponyri b3 in practice mode. The bots just crouch walk around the spawn. Walk right up to them and shoot them. Try to bayo them.

The ability of my Kar98 shots to register hits came and went in waves of about roughly 30-60 or so seconds. I obtained the same results with the bayo.

Does netcode have anything to do with practice mode? What about the NP feature?:confused:

Upvote 0
Try this:
Load ponyri b3 in practice mode. The bots just crouch walk around the spawn. Walk right up to them and shoot them. Try to bayo them.

The ability of my Kar98 shots to register hits came and went in waves of about roughly 30-60 or so seconds. I obtained the same results with the bayo.

Does netcode have anything to do with practice mode? What about the NP feature?:confused:

Sounds like the spawn protection doing its job.

Upvote 0
the only thing i've noticed is that the (hitbox?) on things like hedhogs and sandbags seem to be extremely different now, almost have to come out of hiding before the bullet will go past (object hiding behind) and go hit where your aiming. i noticed this because i was prone and leaning behind a hedhog, and i couldnt see any "dustclouds" where the bullets were supposed to hi (shooting dirt/concrete) so upon moving away from the hedgehog to an extreme, the bullets would finally start hitting. any opinion on that?

Upvote 0
Can't take credit for it. Jagermeister gave me the idea a couple nights ago. I'm just glad it seems to be working. Thought someone had severed my RO bits. The difference was pretty amazing in our Danzig server. With TK forgiveness on, it's like playing at 75% speed. After turning TK forgiveness off, it's running smooth as glass.

Upvote 0
What's their player limit? How many people were on? What map was it? What was going on at the time? What are the server's hardware specs?

There's a lot of stuff that goes into this. I mean, I haven't had problems on the same server on one map, and then the next map I fire 5 shots into a guy and he doesn't drop. Now, maybe that had to do with the amount of fire being echanged at that time, the number of friendly kills that had just happened, etc., etc., etc.

I like the NP feature, but I'd rather be able to know that a miss is simply my fault for bad aim rather than a "WTF? Why'd the server think my bullet went over THERE?"

Upvote 0
I like the NP feature, but I'd rather be able to know that a miss is simply my fault for bad aim rather than a "WTF? Why'd the server think my bullet went over THERE?"

Hear hear! I'm all for the "np" feature (I may not agree with it, but at least it's something.), but if I had to choose between "np" forgiveness and game play, then I choose game play.

From what we have so far it sounds to me like this "np" forgiveness feature is causing undue strain because it's the server which has to keep track of all the incidents, and when people choose to not forgive the server doesn't have any reason to stop tracking the incident and stop waiting for a reply.

If the feature was changed to something like a small pop up window that said something like "So-and-so has team-killed you. Would you like to file a complaint?" and then you pressed y for "yes" and n for "no", that way the server wouldn't have to track anything because the event was contained on your system, and the server would only have to exchange data and it would be no different than tracking a players kills. Also the event wouldn't exist for very long because you make a clear choice, and once you answer it's a done and gone.

(And to clarify, the pop-up window wouldn't have to be huge or block your view, it could be small and in the upper corner. And it also shouldn't prevent you from playing because you will use your keyboard "vote yes" and "vote no" keys to answer it and NOT your mouse. That way even if you didn't answer it while waiting to respawn you could still play like normal if it was on your screen.)

Upvote 0