• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Replacing the M14

CandleJack

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
As many of you are aware, the M14 is unbalanced and needs fixing.

My solution to this is the Benelli R1, 30-06 Springfield.

With four (4) rounds at the same power of the M14, it fixes spamming because once those four rounds are gone you'll need to replace the magazine.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

This gun comes in wooden, plastic and camo finish to satisfy C_Gibby's need for wooden weapons :D

C_Gibby also said he'd have a crack at modelling this, so this isn't another "i want this, i want that" thread.

Input is welcome. Negative criticism however, is not.

Last edited:
Reloading time ? Does it will have the scope attached to the gun or not? Which Cons / pros regarding to the M14 ?What did you ate today? 8D

For the moment, i don't know what to think about, it looks to be a decent weapon but the rifle with his 10 shot would not be better than this weapon ?

More detail, can't judge the idea for the moment ^^ .

Upvote 0
I'm sure having a scope on it would work well.

Also click the spoilers.

The recoil would be about half as much as the M14, but could stay fixed and ignore recoil reduction.

An alternate option is to take one of the modified versions of it, a picture of this is supplied in the spoiler below.

Spoiler!

This would have same damage but with only 10 shots. It would come with a scope. It would function halfway between the LAR, M14 and Xbow.

M14 semi auto and mag, LAR accuracy and projectile speed, and a scope for precise long range shots.

Upvote 0
Do you ask for a fully functional gun to be officially removed or are you suggesting modders to make replacement mutators?
Cause I don't think the first thing's gonna happen.

The second bit. :)

Anyway, Candlejack, I'm not gonna be doing the model anytime soo

/candlejack joke

I won't be doing the model anytime soon, seeing as how I'm working on a few others at the mo (SPAS12, Weatherby, Silver Pigeon, .577 Tyrannosaur). However, I WILL get it done at some point. Or maybe another modeller will do it.

You'll see it someday. ;)

Upvote 0
The second bit. :)

Anyway, Candlejack, I'm not gonna be doing the model anytime soo

/candlejack joke

I won't be doing the model anytime soon, seeing as how I'm working on a few others at the mo (SPAS12, Weatherby, Silver Pigeon, .577 Tyrannosaur). However, I WILL get it done at some point. Or maybe another modeller will do it.

You'll see it someday. ;)

Very good kind sir.

And yeah i am asking for a fully spammable gun to be removed in favour of a more skillful weapon, one that can't be spammed.

It'll bring in a gun that hasn't featured in a CoD yet.

Upvote 0
As many of you are aware, the M14 is unbalanced and needs fixing.

My solution to this is the Benelli R1, 30-06 Springfield.

With four (4) rounds at the same power of the M14, it fixes spamming because once those four rounds are gone you'll need to replace the magazine.

If it has the same power as the M14, then why not just fix the recoil and lower the magazines and capacity? Why spend considerable time to build an entirely new weapon when simply adjusting the much easier non visual aspects of the M14 would accomplish the same goals?

Upvote 0
Anything to add to that? Because the internet is lazy and we want you to look up the info for us.

Sure thing. The L1A1 was the Main Battle rifle of the British Armed forces from 1954-1985. It shot a standard .308 NATO round and was highly praised by Her Majesty's troops. Many will refere to it as a Belgian FN FAL, which shot in full auto, but the L1A1 was Semi auto only. To those who don't know of British military history, the FAL and the L1A1 were contested in the Falkland Wars between Argentina and Great Britain. Ultimately the L1A1's accuracy at its rate of fire won the war on land and earned the respect of solders who had the opportunity of wielding it. The rifle is far more appropriate than the US m14 due to the fact that it was UK issue. If it replaced the m14 it would loose nothing and could only gain a more appropriate sight. This rifle is well known throughout the Western world and would be the perfect addition to any European arsenal.

The L1A1 (with Blank Firing Adapter)

Iron Sights (As depicted from Insurgency Mod)

SUIT Sight (On a wood furnished L1A1)

The rifle in my signature is a L1A1

Upvote 0
Sure thing. The L1A1 was the Main Battle rifle of the British Armed forces from 1954-1985. It shot a standard .308 NATO round and was highly praised by Her Majesty's troops. Many will refere to it as a Belgian FN FAL, which shot in full auto, but the L1A1 was Semi auto only. To those who don't know of British military history, the FAL and the L1A1 were contested in the Falkland Wars between Argentina and Great Britain. Ultimately the L1A1's accuracy at its rate of fire won the war on land and earned the respect of solders who had the opportunity of wielding it. The rifle is far more appropriate than the US m14 due to the fact that it was UK issue. If it replaced the m14 it would loose nothing and could only gain a more appropriate sight. This rifle is well known throughout the Western world and would be the perfect addition to any European arsenal.

The L1A1 (with Blank Firing Adapter)

Iron Sights (As depicted from Insurgency Mod)

SUIT Sight (On a wood furnished L1A1)

The rifle in my signature is a L1A1

i've noticed your sig and mentioned this weapon many times, along with the sterling smg.
but i suspect us 2 and maybe one other guy i remember are in a tiny minority on this matter.
'they' (being the makers and vocal supporters or new weapons for KF) dont seem too interested in the Britishness of this game, and would rather have weapons already familiar to them unfortunately.
I guess you could argue these weapons are no longer used in frontline british service but it's still a shame i think.

Upvote 0

When I said "info," I meant, what do you think stats should be? Firing rate? Reload rate? Ammo capacity? We don't need a history on the gun itself, seeing as how most of us don't give two rat's asses. If you want to suggest a gun, you have to prepare at least something relevant to actual gameplay.

Like say if I wanted to suggest a ZOMG SO INOVATIVE flare gun, I would have to at least come up with a logical explanation as to why it should be inputted into the game.

Upvote 0