• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: RORoundLimitMut

Case

Data Hippo... in the pants
Nov 21, 2005
Santa Fe, NM
RORoundLimitMut: a mutator that allows a server admin to set a per-map round limit.

By default the map round limit is defined server-wide for all maps. This mutator allows a server admin to define a per-map round limit for each map individually in the server's .ini file. You can download the zipfile at:
http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~tcr/RORoundLimitMutv2.zip

EDIT: Version 2 Released! This version adds per-map WinLimit as a config parameter.

Last edited:
I didn't specify a full name for the server's .ini file because it can be set arbitrarily on the server command line. If you don't specify it at all it should be RedOrchestra.ini. If you start your server and check its log file (again, dependent upon your command line, but usually RedOrchestra.log if not specified) you'll find a line towards the top that starts like:

Code:
Init: Ini:
This line tells you what .ini file is being used.
These files all live in your installation's System folder.

Upvote 0
I have the mutator enabled and the round limits set but every time the map restarts the mutator is not enabled when I check it in web admin. Also do we need to change anything in the Rules section of web admin pertaining to the round limit and win limit? If I leave that at 3 and 2, then all the maps go 3 rounds or 2 wins despite what I have specified in the ini list. Thx for any help as I would like to get this mutator working.

Upvote 0
I have the mutator enabled and the round limits set but every time the map restarts the mutator is not enabled when I check it in web admin. Also do we need to change anything in the Rules section of web admin pertaining to the round limit and win limit? If I leave that at 3 and 2, then all the maps go 3 rounds or 2 wins despite what I have specified in the ini list. Thx for any help as I would like to get this mutator working.

go to defaults, then votingconfig add the mutator there.

Upvote 0
Bump this post as I can't seem to get this to work either. Having the same problem as Redeye and Pascualin.

I can't even see the the mutator in votingconfig.

Can anyone give any guidance on this one as per Zetsumei suggestion but it is enabled and all seems fine in my ini file. It just seems to resort to the defaults that are set in bat file.

Should I remove these presets in the Bat and just use the ones in the RO engine?

Upvote 0