• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Release] Pepsiman Scrake Skin

Slappy Cromwell

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
After playing KF2 for some time, I have come to the ultimate conclusion regarding its greatest weakness: Not enough Pepsi. :IS2:

Hence, I decided to rectify this problem with the first-ever client-side KF2 specimen texture by creating a custom skin for the Scrake that recreates in spirit everyone's favorite Pepsi man, the Pepsiman! This custom skin is fully client-side and works on-line! Just install the files and you're done! You're free to play in your favorite servers, even perks enabled, using this skin without need worrying of whitelists or graylists or package mismatch errors or anything! How great is that!

Updated 4/10/16:
Download KF2PepsimanScrake_16_10_4.rar (18.42 MB)

Installation instructions are included in the readme.

Preview video:
https://youtu.be/R3ylknTuPHA

Preview screenshots:

Last edited:
Hey when are you gonna release the hans and pulverizer + KF1 voice replacements?

Edit: I can't get this scrake skin to work. I've dragged the files to the correct location and it doesn't take effect. Am I supposed to do something else? Am I supposed to put the readme in the folder as well?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Coke II Hans and Mountain Dew Pulverizer were just very quick and crude tests. The KF1 voice pack isn't and, barring any miracle developments, won't be completed due to insurmountable technical issues, at least as far as a client-side sound mod is concerned. Making some custom sounds to go with the Pepsiman Scrake was my utmost intention from the beginning as well, but the feasibility of non-music sound mods unfortunately didn't pan out.

Edit: I can't get this scrake skin to work. I've dragged the files to the correct location and it doesn't take effect. Am I supposed to do something else? Am I supposed to put the readme in the folder as well?
Just tested this with fresh files and didn't have any problems. The readme isn't necessary to extract. Are you sure you overwrote the ZED_Scrake_MAT.upk file? If you made a backup first, where did you put the file? Your backup must not still be anywhere in the killingfloor2 game directory as the game will still manage to find it and load it instead of the modified Pepsiman Scrake package.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hey slappy, when we going to get nips back on the sirens? I posted on a different thread about censorship and noticed that you had made a mut for KF1 back in the day that restored the "uncensored" skin. Just wondering if you plan to do the same again for KF2.
Unlike KF1, there's no indication that the female specimens this time around were intended to have visible nipples, so it technically wouldn't be "uncensoring". Also unlike KF1, the KF2 Siren's lack of nipples is visually explained by the scars of some sort of double mastectomy. Also also, putting nipples back on the KF2 siren would be somewhat inconsequential as her model now has a metal bar obscuring her chest. It wouldn't be worth the massive file size for a mostly concealed change.

However, I have been testing a custom skin for the KF2 Stalker that's marginally within the same scope. It's nearly complete right now, but I'm mulling over how to release it and gauging the potential interest in such a skin.

Upvote 0
Slappy, can you please share a method you used to do this reskin?
I'm trying my best to do a player character client side reskin using pepsiman as analogy and i'm stuck at replacing part. As i see it, the process goes like this:
  1. Extract Diffuse texture tga files from original ZED_Scrake_TEX.upk archive with Umodel tool
  2. Modify said diffuse textures in photoshop (or whatever)
  3. Import them in a new upk ZED_PepsiM_TEX.upk and save it
  4. Create a new materials based on new diffuse textures in ZED_PepsiM_TEX.upk (but old normals and other stuff?)
  5. Save said materials in original ZED_Scrake_TEX.upk with original names (replacing the old ones)
^This is the part where i'm stuck, UEd doesn't let me replace,delete or rename original Scrake materials.

Upvote 0
You can't directly edit the brewed assets within the KF2 editor. Instead, before you make any changes at all, right click on the package you want to modify and save it first. This will make a copy of the file that ends up in the following folder:
C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Unpublished\BrewedPC\Packages\(additional directories here)

The editor will then read this copy which allows you to make edits to it. When you're finished, I believe you have to copy this copy back to your game directory in order to override the original.

Just as a heads up, though, making packages client-side is not a straightforward process. It requires some additional external work outside of the editor, and results aren't guaranteed as the engine is very touchy about these kind of changes.

Upvote 0
You can't directly edit the brewed assets within the KF2 editor. Instead, before you make any changes at all, right click on the package you want to modify and save it first. This will make a copy of the file that ends up in the following folder:
C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Unpublished\BrewedPC\Packages\(additional directories here)

The editor will then read this copy which allows you to make edits to it. When you're finished, I believe you have to copy this copy back to your game directory in order to override the original.

Just as a heads up, though, making packages client-side is not a straightforward process. It requires some additional external work outside of the editor, and results aren't guaranteed as the engine is very touchy about these kind of changes.
Can u explain how to make it client-side or just give some more tips? Pls, I also have problem making client-side mod.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can u explain how to make it client-side or just give some more tips? Pls, I also have problem making client-side mod.

If I'm correct, Slappy isn't allowed to explain it (well in public), because it's security related. It's probably the same as how it was with KF1, or maybe even worse :p

I know their are multiple people working on reskin mutators if it interest you. So you can make your skins and have it ready when one of them releases the source code.

Upvote 0