• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Release: NoTracers-Mutator

mat69

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 1, 2006
What it does:
  • turns of the tracers of all infantry carried mgs or
  • it makes tracers of all infantry carried mgs faster

Some people asked me if I could rerelease the NoTracers mutator I did a while ago (I used INFPenetration as reference how to implement such code changes), so here it is:

Updated:

NoTracer or FastTracer
Now you have the possibility to either use no Tracer: set "bNoTracer" to "True" in the "NoTracer.ini"
or faster Tracer (moving at 90% of normal rounds instead of 50%): set "bNoTracer" to "False" and set "bFastTracer" to "True" in the "NoTracer.ini".
If you set both, "bNoTracer" and "bFastTracer" to "False" stock tracer will be used.

You can get the NoTracer mutator here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/31890625/NoTracer.zip.html

NoTracer/FastTracer with Ballistic716ID:
If you are running the Ballistic716ID mutator and also want to use the NoTracer mutator you have to set "bINFPenORBall716ID" in the "NoTracer.ini" to "True".
Important is that the NoTracer mutator has to be loaded prior the Ballistic716ID mutator.
I'm not sure how you do that for a server (it is possible though), but if you want to try it offline open the console and type: "open RO-Odessa?mutator=NoTracer.NoTracerMut,Ballisti c716ID.Ballistic716IDmut" ("addbots 10" adds 10 bots).

NoTracer/FastTracer with INFPenetration:
If you are running the INFPenetration mutator and also want to use the NoTracer mutator you have to set "bINFPenORBall716ID" in the "NoTracer.ini" to "True".
Important is that the NoTracerINF mutator has to be loaded prior the INFPenetration mutator, so the same way it works witht he Ballistic716ID mutator.

Important:
Delate all older versions of NoTracer, not delating them could cause problems.

As the INFPenetration- and the Ballistic716ID-Mutator have the same class names it is advised to not have both of them in your system folder at the same time. Move the one you don't use to another place or add a ".bkp" at the end of the file name. Otherwise there could be problems I have no clue about.

This mutator was only a proof of concept, that turning of tracers can be easily done. I know that aiming without tracers is a bit trickier, I also know that your own people might run into your fire more often.

Last edited:
anyone else tried it or used it for his server?
i played practice mode with that mutator turned on and my MG aiming skills increased drastically. those tracers must have been misleading my aim a lot.
i heard the original MG tracers travel at half the speed of the real bullets, so relying on them to aim is pretty useless.

Upvote 0
How it should be. A machine gun nest should a MAJOR obstacle for any assault.

Absolutely true.... although the MG'er might have trouble aiming at first, 'cause there's no crutch, but it is the way to go. Tracers were used but not at the frequency we see ingame. WW2 Tracer ammo was corrosive and eventually destroyed the barrels of the weapons so, they were used sparingly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm, did a new version. You can download it here.

If it does not work I guess it's a replication error. Anyone that can actually code uscript (so exluding me :p ) should be able to fix that easily.
If it does work, but not with the Ballistics 716 Mutator I can release a version that supports it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Edit: For newest version read the first post.
Ok, I guess I finally found the mistake, sorry for the problems and thanks for trying! :)

Here you can get the new version.

Now I did a version that should work with the Ballistics mutator, you can get it here.
You have to load it before the ballistic mutator, otherwise they won't work together!
So if you play offline you can try it that way: Open console and type "open RO-Odessa?mutator=NoTracerBal.NoTracerBalmut,Ballistic716ID.Ballistic716IDmut".

Last edited:
Upvote 0