• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: EH-MG_Mod

i couldn't connect to the corbina server yesterday because i gave me a EHmg... version mismatch error. the server was playing pariserplatz wich has the EH mg42.
is the mut compatible with maps that have the MG's already in them? when you released the mut i remember checking if any of the already released files had been modified, and i think none were if i remember correctly.
altough this can be the only problem that would cause a mismatch error.
edit, have there maybe been several versions of this mg mod with same name? were some things changed and could it be that some servers have bad versions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i couldn't connect to the corbina server yesterday because i gave me a EHmg... version mismatch error. the server was playing pariserplatz wich has the EH mg42.
is the mut compatible with maps that have the MG's already in them? when you released the mut i remember checking if any of the already released files had been modified, and i think none were if i remember correctly.
altough this can be the only problem that would cause a mismatch error.
edit, have there maybe been several versions of this mg mod with same name? were some things changed and could it be that some servers have bad versions?
Had the same problem. I guess it's because the corbina server sucks big time and the admins don't know what they're doing. The same mutator runs at [REDORCHESTRA.RU] Russian Community Server [AB & EH-MG Mod] 44 slot server, and I've never had a problem joining it. Moreover it looks like they installed the latest version of EH a few days ago and the file downloaded just fine.

Upvote 0
Well, here's the thing: it turned out that there was a bit of the EH-MG42_Mod code leftover and so I removed that and replaced it with the proper EH-MG_Mod references (I, furthermore, was not expecting the mutator to be on any servers yet).

God damn mismatches.
The new version works just fine, and, to my knowledge, the only server that runs it all the time is the REDORCHESTRA.RU server. But anyway I've not tried any other besides FKMOD Debrecen36 with AB mod (after trying the AB I can't stand the default tank combat a second).

Upvote 0
I really, really wish there were a way for servers to just say "shut up and take it" then overwrite mismatching files. It would be quite convenient for me, as I can't rely on the playerbase to solve their problems by themselves...

lol, a server admin with bad intentions "could" then basically destroy your game, by making you overwrite critical files.
it would leave the door open for other enemy companies of TW to destroy RO from the inside.
it's best if you test mods on one server first, i bet there are a few servers jumping to get the exlusivity first.

Upvote 0