• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Release date announced

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!! Damn, I should really pre-order / load now!

Originally Posted by [RO]Ramm-Jaeger
The game will be perfectly legal in Germany. There is a German localized version with all offending content removed. This has been said many many many many times.

Just to make sure, it will be fully uncensored in Holland, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[RO]Ramm-Jaeger said:
The game will be perfectly legal in Germany. There is a German localized version with all offending content removed. This has been said many many many many times.

Could I just ask what is considered 'offending content'? I am genuinely interested in the challenge that developers have in producing a game of this genre/type and having to 'censor' certain aspects.

I work for a German-owned business (I work UK subsidiary) and I'm presently seconded to a Global project team. One of the first things the global steering committee sent out was a journal article about the cultural differences between German and British workers and some of the misnomers about the stereotypes.

I personally can't see what content would need to be removed to prevent 'offence' and don't understand why denying knowledge of historical events is necessary by such censorship but I am interested to know what aspects the German market doesn't wish to 'view'.

Upvote 0
Scoobz said:
Could I just ask what is considered 'offending content'? I am genuinely interested in the challenge that developers have in producing a game of this genre/type and having to 'censor' certain aspects.

I work for a German-owned business (I work UK subsidiary) and I'm presently seconded to a Global project team. One of the first things the global steering committee sent out was a journal article about the cultural differences between German and British workers and some of the misnomers about the stereotypes.

I personally can't see what content would need to be removed to prevent 'offence' and don't understand why denying knowledge of historical events is necessary by such censorship but I am interested to know what aspects the German market doesn't wish to 'view'.
Short answer: Swastikas are outlawed, violence can cause game to be "indexed" which means, allthough it remains available theoretically, it is illegal to be advertised (meaning any public mentioning) or layed out in a shop openly, thus effectively preventing it's sale.

Upvote 0