• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Release date announced

i want the retail version, the box on my desk ... but i dont want to wait for 2 weeks !
i'm considering buying it on steam now, but really against my wishes :(
i so dislike buying stuff on internet :mad:
why wont it be released same date? production or something? delay steam too then :mad: i dont want to come in later and be pwned by all the guys who bought it on steam... even though i play the mod.
it sucks, give me retail !

by the time retail comes out my army training starts and i wont have time to play the game !
i so hate this ! :\
couldve at least given me a beta key to ease the pain ... ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Steve Connors said:
the only way would be to move out of Germany :cool:
Not really. Theoretically it should be possible to re-include such effects with a patch without any consequenses. Epic did this for UT.
But I do not know if Tripwire would do this - and I do not know how it will be censored - or if it will be censored.
TW, could you please answer that?

Upvote 0
Richard_B. said:
Not really. Theoretically it should be possible to re-include such effects with a patch without any consequenses. Epic did this for UT.
But I do not know if Tripwire would do this - and I do not know how it will be censored - or if it will be censored.
TW, could you please answer that?

Well, they (valve and tripwire) are kinda legally obligated to follow german rules in germany, So anyone who registered on steam and chose germany as their country of origin, will probably recieve the german version..

Only guesses on my end, ofcourse.

Upvote 0
BicycleRepairMan said:
Well, they (valve and tripwire) are kinda legally obligated to follow german rules in germany, So anyone who registered on steam and chose germany as their country of origin, will probably recieve the german version..

Only guesses on my end, ofcourse.
I don't think you want to be choosing a bogus country you live in when you're inputing credit card details. However, maybe drive to a nearby country get their box version then when you install it choose the appropriate country you got it from Belgium,Netherlands,Denmark,Poland,Czech,Austria. I know it's alot of hassle but....EDIT or maybe even easier just buy German box version (maybe all box versions are the same?) and do same as above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For chrisakes someone slap this in the "unofficial FAQ".

In order to comply with the required German legislation, so that the game can be sold in Germany, we are producing a version of the game fully compliant with the appropriate German legislative requirements. We will not - and cannot - recommend anyone in Germany do anything other than comply with their own (elected) Government's regs and play that localised version!

If you don't like it, vote yourself a different government guys :)

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
For chrisakes someone slap this in the "unofficial FAQ".

In order to comply with the required German legislation, so that the game can be sold in Germany, we are producing a version of the game fully compliant with the appropriate German legislative requirements. We will not - and cannot - recommend anyone in Germany do anything other than comply with their own (elected) Government's regs and play that localised version!

If you don't like it, vote yourself a different government guys :)

We already know this - you told us often enough that this version will be localized, and that there will be no path re-censor it, BUT:

The only thing we now wnat to know is not THAT you changed something, we want to know WHAT you changed! Things like: "No new blood effects like the exploding soldier" or "No blood effects overall" or "No ragdoll" or "Same like international version, only no swastikas etc..."
Come on, please, tell it to us...

Upvote 0