• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reduce the accuracy for Hip Firing an MG

Bump. (A video here)
Not mine.

Well, for one, a lot of that can be done by someone with a SMG, just to put that in perspective. Someone good with firing from the hip can do much the same with a bolt action, even.

Also, that is the single most inattentive team I have seen in my entire life. Were half of them deaf and near blind or something?

So, I'm going to provide what I see happening with our machine gun wielding soldier, I'll call him R

Upvote 0
I think there is definitely a problem with MG34 hip firing, I was on a server a few days ago and a couple of guys on there were using them very well while hip firing.

Maybe a way to solve this is that they get exhausted very quickly, and cannot hold the MG34 steady, or it drops down altogether, the MG is pretty heavy after all.

Mind I have to say that when deployed MG guys do not last long they really have to make sure there positioning is good, this could of course be something to do with the maps being so small, on larger maps I am sure they would do better.

Upvote 0
You dont needd alot of experience to use it. I was quite stunned about hipfiring and killing alot of players with my MG in my very first day in RO series during the beta:eek: what this game needs is weapon handling like arma, wich would slow the game speed down. While this super speedy rush to next cap is fun for 20 minutes, slower game pace would suit us more mature players more. until then im waiting for mods and playing this game now and then

Upvote 0
We need more sway if someone hipfires the mg. TWI should add more sway, slow down the movment of a mggunner and make the hipfired mg less accurate.
Just look at this video, there you can see how inaccurate a hipfired mg34 is, not like in this ro2 video where a guy runs arround and kills everyone like rambo on drugs.

MG-34 Madness Standing Fire - YouTube

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
Im not saying that have to be deployed to fire but please reduce the accuracy.

I'm not sure it's the accuracy that is the problem... I think the issue is the size of the maps - they're to small.

Let's take Spartanovka.
Distance from behind the town-hall, to the church is just about 200m (0.04km2 maps). You can quite easily sit at the church with a rifle and pick off guys at the town hall. This is realistic, a 200m combat range for a rifle is fine. But the problem is, that makes the rile about as effective as an MG and the assault rifles! Because the MG has the same operational zone within which to be deployed

Upvote 0
I say let them have their hip firing all day long.!!!!!!!

On numerous occasions I have just simply stabbed the culprit with my bayonet as he was spraying. Maybe game mechanics, graphics, ping etc.... but a Bayonet will always win if I am allowed to stab. I sometimes blindly charge into a room full of germans and start stabbing even though I know I am getting hit by bullet spray their hits dont register cause of the bayo kill. Been accused of hacking, cheating, etc.... and it is probably a game exploit but one I use all the time against players who do the "run & gun" thing.

Edit: had a player last night on Apartments who was running and gunning with a mkb. I could hear him clearing rooms out left and right. I charged in, he fired wildly but I stabbed him in one second. I was kicked from server for cheating haha!!

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
I'm not sure it's the accuracy that is the problem... I think the issue is the size of the maps - they're to small.

Let's take Spartanovka.
Distance from behind the town-hall, to the church is just about 200m (0.04km2 maps). You can quite easily sit at the church with a rifle and pick off guys at the town hall. This is realistic, a 200m combat range for a rifle is fine. But the problem is, that makes the rile about as effective as an MG and the assault rifles! Because the MG has the same operational zone within which to be deployed

Upvote 0
One guy can prove the first messages of this topic is wrong : John Basilone

This guy hold off 3000 Japs with MG's. And even invent a handle so he could hip-fire his MG effectively. A MG can be hip-fired in the hand of a train soldier. It doesnt need any fix.

The Russian machine gun would be really awkward to hip-shot due to the way its been built,(personnel opinion) and it had also a Lower rate of fire than the German MG. The MG-34 also had different role to bear(Light AND Heavy Support), as of the DP only one.(Light Support)

So were talking here about 2 VERY different Machine-Gun.... So...Should we blame the game... or the Russian for making such a ****ty Machine Gun.

Upvote 0