• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reduce the accuracy for Hip Firing an MG

Nice video! It shows how experienced player can use MG.

MG player doesn't need to deploy his weapon because:
- deployed MG recoil is unrealistically huge
- deployed MG is easy target for SMG/Semi/Bolt/Sniper players
- hip firing MG recoil is fully manageable, same as PPsH recoil in RO:O or even smaller, with some practice
- hip firing MG is either effective on close and medium range (you can easily kill a guy at 80 meters)
- hip firing MG player is enough fast and effective to play as first line assault

it is simply wrong. I have 50 lvl MG-34 and over 50% of kills were shot from hip.

Upvote 0
Nice video! It shows how experienced player can use MG.

MG player doesn't need to deploy his weapon because:
- deployed MG recoil is unrealistically huge
- deployed MG is easy target for SMG/Semi/Bolt/Sniper players
- hip firing MG recoil is fully manageable, same as PPsH recoil in RO:O or even smaller, with some practice
- hip firing MG is either effective on close and medium range (you can easily kill a guy at 80 meters)
- hip firing MG player is enough fast and effective to play as first line assault

it is simply wrong. I have 50 lvl MG-34 and over 50% of kills were shot from hip.
Exactly. All of it is very true. It's faaaaar too easy to manage the recoil and pop off super accurate shots. When I play MG, I don't even bother deploying. This is a travesty for a supposed "realistic" game that RO2 claims to be ...

This is incredibly frustrating too, because I've been making threads like this ever since the beta in late July ALL the way through August, joined by many other beta testers pleading for this to be changed. The only thing they did was make it harder to hipfire the DP28, and didn't touch the MG34. So I hope it's changed, but at this point I think that TWI is either ignoring/not reading feedback or it's a design decision to make the MG34 a hipfiring rambo gun -- in which case they truly have abandoned realism.

Upvote 0
Somewhat off topic but... Yikes, the game looks totally different at the settings he is running at. People easily stand out against what is supposed to be shiny flooring.

Seriously, not sure how this game can be used in any sort of meaningful competition. A few .ini tweaks and the enemies might as well be fluorescent. I feel like a real dope for playing on ultra.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
LoL.MG's are so bug plagued anyway, why decrease their hip fire accuracy???So they are compeltely helpless wihtout beeing deployed ????

This video is not a repesentation, the other team just completely sucks....
I see you've never been on the receiving end, or never tried it for yourself. The DP-28 is hard to use like this, but the MG-34 is a CQB machine. Just pick it up and try to hipfire; something about the gun makes it very easy to know where the barrel is pointing, and the low recoil and rate of fire lend themselves to hipfire very well — basically the polar opposite of the DP. Russians get the short stick again. :mad:

[QUOTE=Keyser_S

Upvote 0
I think its MG34 hipfire that needs fixing.

You say that, and the video does indeed show how impressively he did with it. But at the same time, there are many many more videos showing people totally pwning people in the face with the mkb/mp40/ppsh. As good as the MG34 is hipped, it's still not nearly so good as the above mentioned automatics.

In RO2, it is very easy to kill. Period. The zoom, minimal sway, minimal suppression, super fast aim (from sprint to aimed in a second!)... it's just very quick and easy to kill. As a result you can look super awesome using well, anything if you get good enough. I've consistently scored high, very often highest score using only pistols for the last couple of weeks. Does that make pistols overpowered too?

The problem here really isn't MG's, it's a great number of game mechanics that need tweaking. And I stress the word tweak.

Upvote 0