Automatics made for CQC should be facepwning in CQC, nothing wrong with it, but 10kg machine gun hip firing? Please, no. And it can be more effective in hands of a good player as you dont waste time to ADS, have larger magazine, better penetration and stopping power.But at the same time, there are many many more videos showing people totally pwning people in the face with the mkb/mp40/ppsh. As good as the MG34 is hipped, it's still not nearly so good as the above mentioned automatics.
The problem here really isn't MG's, it's a great number of game mechanics that need tweaking. And I stress the word tweak.
It doesn't really matter, considering I need to put three or five PPSh bullets into someone's chest to kill them, whereas you only need one or two from an MG. Couple that with the MG-34's superior penetration, large mag, and how easy it is to hipfire, and you've got something that is really quite unbalanced. In that video the guy hipshot through the wall to kill someone. Can't pull that kind of crap with an SMG.So true .... Furthermore MG's are super slow while hip firing...
Apos said:- deployed MG recoil is unrealistically huge
- deployed MG is easy target for SMG/Semi/Bolt/Sniper players
- hip firing MG recoil is fully manageable, same as PPsH recoil in RO:O or even smaller, with some practice
- hip firing MG is either effective on close and medium range (you can easily kill a guy at 80 meters)
- hip firing MG player is enough fast and effective to play as first line assault
I have disagree with these:
- MG needs to be deployed in a good spot in order to be effective killing weapon. Deploying it is not a good idea when field of fire is simply too wide for an MG operator to control it. And it's good to have some support to help an MG cover the area or distract/kill the enemy shooters said MG can't for various reasons.
[*]Hip firing depends on the players, I think. Sometimes I am able to kill three guys from 10 meters, and I can still fail to kill one man from 2 meters. Maybe I need more practice, because when I decide (I mean that I am not suprised when on the move) to shoot from an MG it's more often than not from deployed position.[/LIST]
[*]I've yet to see medium hip fire shoots and first line MG doing the same thing.
[*]It's entirely possible to aim well enough to kill long distance targets with LMG (some people are even claiming it's too accurate), German MG is even capable of single firing. I could say that recoil is manageable. Unrealistic? I've seen various opinions on the matter.
I agree that hip firing should be considered as an option, but what do you mean by "deployed MG should be way more useful"? You mean to decrease effectivness of hip firing? I would agree, but how to do that and not affect the weapon when it's deployed?Apos said:Conclusion is: deployed MG should be way more useful, so players would think about hip firing as an option, not as best way to use LMG.
Where's Joseph Nader and the fanboys now? "Oh, it's pretty easy to do that IRL and any trained soldier can do the same". Were all TWI employees drunk and high during development? WTF was wrong with the guy(s) who came up with these design ideas? Jeez.
That completely nullifies his being able to shoot the MG so well? sure.