• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Update Released - September 21

ok with the rollback patch now i'm back to my old FPS and slightly better.

I did check my GPU ( 5850 ) usage and it barely goes above 60 ( 70% at best on grain elevator ).
I guess this is map related as it fluctuates.
With a 90-100% usage we would get way better performances I assume ( I quickly checked with TF2 and Just Cause 2 who do use 90-100% of the GPU power )

Upvote 0
Have that one a fair few times...think it's lag rather than a bug as I can hit fire button then it fires a second later...

It might be lag, probably not. There is a bug where when you spawn, your gun wont fire. Either fire off 1 round in air at spawn when you respawn or Melee to break the bug.

I cant count how many times ive died because of that bug... run into a house, no bullet goes out.. DEAD. Now i always remember to shoot 1 round at spawn, or melee into the air while running to the cap

Upvote 0
Patch 09/21 results playing on the Ducksoup server w/ 64 men

AMD Phenom II 710 @2.6 (4th core unlocked)
8 gig DDR3
ATI 5770 1 gig
WIN 7 64bit

Mediocre rig with rather nice performance :)

AAB773C78CEA8BF0EEEB313693B804EBB1558379

321B51BE8360FB70BF9900525659D34B91BDE897

Upvote 0
I still have 18-25 FPS.

phenom II x4 955 3600mhz ; asus 5770; 2x2 Geil Value plus 1600mhz cl8

If i know this, i don't buy the game until it's not fixed.

What resolution and settigns you playing at? A 5770 is a nice little card but for a game with this much **** going on it's going to struggle at high resolutions with the higher settings.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the patches and update.

Why are you thanking them???? Should they not have came out with a finished product??? I remember back in the early 90s, games were actually completed when they were released. With the advent of broadband internet, the quality of games at release took a nose dive as, **** and lazy programmers figure they can finish game months after the release date while already rolling in the customers money.

Upvote 0
Why are you thanking them???? Should they not have came out with a finished product??? I remember back in the early 90s, games were actually completed when they were released. With the advent of broadband internet, the quality of games at release took a nose dive as, **** and lazy programmers figure they can finish game months after the release date while already rolling in the customers money.

Dont even dude, go back in time when the game was delay, you were probly whining up a storm in these forums man. Either way TWI is a good game developing company (20people) and made a great game beside a few hicups here an there. Just give it some time man it will all work out.

Upvote 0
I've gotta be honest i was *****ing about how bad the game was performance wise, crashing, sound etc last night on mumble to the lads, and the only positive i could come up with is "at least its only on pc so may get fixed quickly".

Well the is first time i have ever had a TWI game and just wanna say "at least you are trying to put the wrongs right, Bravo to you all :)" (multiplatform companies need to take note ;) )

Right thats enough praise get the hell back to improving framerate and smoothness :)

Thx

Upvote 0
Yeah, no more crashes or sound cutting out at the start of a round after an afternoon playing. I did discover one new bug though, only requires a respawn though. The screen gets all jerky and you can't do anything but look around and fire your silent invisible gun.

The game did just hang on startup though. Also often in game the spawn/class menu can get misaligned too far left or too far down meaning you can't select certain options. This happens semi regularly. Also had some fun in my invisible tank again today.

Upvote 0