• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Beta Week 1 Report - new maps incoming!

With respect, did you play RO1 for several years? I'm not trying to sound patronising, but I think the issue with 'Apartments' is that it is pretty much identical to the old 'Danzig' map but with a facelift, and so many RO1 players have played that map to death. There was (is?) even a famous Danzig24/7 server, which rotates that map and that map alone forever. To say it gets tedious quickly would be an understatement.

Upvote 0
I don't really suppose TWI is doing this to mock us. And even if they do, seems like it's succesful. And it's, according to your reactions, pretty funny :D

I've got no problem with playing Appartment, FallenFighters and Gumrak till Wednesday. You guys sound like you wouldn't have had any fun with the game. Love it! :p

As a player I'm not that fussed.

As a server admin this is a really poor show. People would be complaining if steam updated RO2 but none of the admins had updated their servers, so I'm stuck waiting for info while it appears TWI have decided to go on an communications blackout. The announcement should never have been made. Surely TWI have learned not to announce stuff until it's ready by now.

Upvote 0
Yes, I did. I played RO1 for years. And now? RO2 is not RO1 ;)
The tactics and options are different. Pretty much different. And apart from some similarities while looking 'down' on the map, all the buildings, etc, are pretty much different. You can't take cover where you had to take cover in Danzig. The routes of Danzig just don't work, and there are other, crucial points in the appartments. No, I didn't like Danzig too much (since it was played far too often), but even if you don't like Danzig you can play Appartments and find some fun. Find pretty much fun. Same goes with FallenHeroes and FallenFighters: the maps are -not- identical and things you did in RO1 won't have to work in their 'new' counterparts. Apart from the options the penetration and cover system now gives you (Good-bye, wannabe snipers in the middle house! This sort of camping won't work anymore. I'm pretty muched getting used to kill the 1-2 guys up there before getting into serious business. :p).

And if you're getting bored with the Territory-versions, just play some rounds Countdown. You can't say Countdown doesn't stretches the limits to something completely new. Well, you even have to know the position of every ****ing stone, or you'll get yourself into bloody high chances of getting ruled. :)

Surely TWI have learned not to announce stuff until it's ready by now.
Yes, and I find it pretty depressing. They're doing very much to please us - and yes, they did! Don't be a dick, the guys are great, even if not everything's perfect.. - and still they're getting shouted at. I don't like it. People are taking it far to serious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We got access to the game early, and more content is due to be released before the game.... what exactly is the problem?

When you pre-order something - assume you get no content until the game is actually released. Any beta access or early content is a bonus, not something everyone is entitled too.

Wrong. They advertised the beta as a selling point for the DDE, it was an incentive, that's why a lot of people bought it, therefore we are entitled to it. That has little to do with maps though, they can release them and take them away whenever.

They should have just waited. Them announcing things and then not following through is getting old.

Upvote 0
I guess we shouldn't expect the new maps till Monday. The devs already worked around the clocked getting the beta out to begin with. As far as dealing with the delay, it's a beta! These sort of things are expected. Better to have issues now and have them dealt with than when the full game releases.

Upvote 0
Wrong. They advertised the beta as a selling point for the DDE, it was an incentive, that's why a lot of people bought it, therefore we are entitled to it. That has little to do with maps though, they can release them and take them away whenever.

They should have just waited. Them announcing things and then not following through is getting old.

It was a general point about pre-ordering. The point being - don't complain when you only get what was advertised. We have the beta - extra content is a bonus.

TWI don't actually control steam, and they are a smaller developer working around the clock to get an awesome game out to us. Stop *****ing, you've got the game.

Upvote 0