• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Recent update and 999 Ping Issue.

[VS-UK]Joe

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Hi Devs,

Just put our server update on and immendenlty there appears to be an issue - Pings shot up to 999 and stayed there for about 3 minuites then normlised. This issue happened only once however i though it may be worth letting you know.

Please find attached the log file from our server - Hopefully this may provide some information for you.

This issue needs to be fixed imedently as it is killing our server. (This server was quite hapily playing at 38 players until this update.)

Cheers

Joe.

Attachments

• 999 pings.zip
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
Hi Devs,

Just put our server update on and immendenlty there appears to be an issue - Pings shot up to 999 and stayed there for about 3 minuites then normlised. This issue happened only once however i though it may be worth letting you know.

Please find attached the log file from our server - Hopefully this may provide some information for you.

This issue needs to be fixed imedently as it is killing our server. (This server was quite hapily playing at 38 players until this update.)

Cheers

Joe.

Joe, do you have PBBans activated on your servers?

Upvote 0
Try updating PB, when HLDS updated to version 5 tonight it downloaded an older pbcl.dll and pbcls.dll file (2.273) when the newest is 2.278. Version 2.275 disabled screenshot uploads to reduce lag if I recall and 2.278 either fixed it or kept it off. HLDS renames the PB files it replaces with a "Copy of " prefix.

Friday 09.09.2011 [7:00PM]

Version 2.275 of the PB Client for HOS has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. Screenshot uploads have been temporarily disabled in this version.

Streaming itself should never cause any lag.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try updating PB, when HLDS updated to version 5 tonight it downloaded an older pbcl.dll and pbcls.dll file (2.273) when the newest is 2.278. Version 2.275 disabled screenshot uploads to reduce lag if I recall and 2.278 either fixed it or kept it off. HLDS renames the PB files it replaces with a "Copy of " prefix.

How can I tell if the two files in question are out-of-date? I just downloaded them to my pc but can't see any version information the those dll's?

Note that our server is a rented single-server instance, not a dedicated box I can get on with the exception of ftp.

Also, is this the correct location for pb:
Binaries/Win32/pb

or in the root?

How do I update pb myself without being able to put HLDS on the server? Can I just download what I would for a client and put that up?

Sorry for all the questions....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you look in the PB or server logs it should tell you. It will look like

Last logs (before turning it off) show:
Code:
This PB Server Requires (A1372 C2.278) - Error loading pbag
So that pretty much proves it is still out-of-date I guess.

I just updated my client pb to 2.278 - can I just upload that to the server?

Thanks for help Maydax

EDIT: GSP seemed to have finally got the pb server update to the right version. Logs are reporting v2.278 :)

Lets hope we dont still get hideous lag, but at least our pbbans should resume streaming now (i hope)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How can I tell if the two files in question are out-of-date? I just downloaded them to my pc but can't see any version information the those dll's?

Note that our server is a rented single-server instance, not a dedicated box I can get on with the exception of ftp.

Also, is this the correct location for pb:
Binaries/Win32/pb

or in the root?

How do I update pb myself without being able to put HLDS on the server? Can I just download what I would for a client and put that up?

Sorry for all the questions....
I believe you can see the version of PB from here as well: http://www.pbbans.com/msi-server-109-70-149-159-7777.html

Upvote 0