• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rainbow Six - Vegas

I have GOW , Cod3 , nba 2k7.

Just a couple of questions because I've been curious about 2 of the games you have. Is COD3 worth a buy? I heard the gameplay is similar to COD2 on the Xbox360, but that is not a problem for me as I do not have COD2. If you have played online, is that enjoyable? Do the vehicles work nicely?

And onto NBA2k7: I have played NBA 2k6 for the PS2 and loved it. If you have played any previous installments, can you find any major differences compared to 2k7 worth mentioning? I have read that it is essentially the same game as 2k6. And lastly, do you know if it automatically updates rosters on Xbox live?

If you could answer my questions it would be great.:)

Upvote 0
Just a couple of questions because I've been curious about 2 of the games you have. Is COD3 worth a buy? I heard the gameplay is similar to COD2 on the Xbox360, but that is not a problem for me as I do not have COD2. If you have played online, is that enjoyable? Do the vehicles work nicely?

And onto NBA2k7: I have played NBA 2k6 for the PS2 and loved it. If you have played any previous installments, can you find any major differences compared to 2k7 worth mentioning? I have read that it is essentially the same game as 2k6. And lastly, do you know if it automatically updates rosters on Xbox live?

I have played cod3 on my mates 360 and i really like it. Its what cod2 should have been. The weapon models and sounds are some of the best ive seen too. Not really had much experience with the vehicles but i am not a vehicle freak. They seem to add something intresting to online play, especially capture the flag. Speaking of online its a great improvement over cod2. Maps are generally bigger. The graphics are pretty sweet too and they are all rendered at a solid 60fps and it very rarely drops. Very well optimized.

Upvote 0

Yea sure buddy: Cod3 is definately worth a buy if you like ww2. And straight up action in your face. As cod is known for.
Online is great but the only downside is that it has some annoying bugs ingame. But i'm sure that will get fixed.

I have never played nba2k6 . But 2k7 is a really good game and its so addictive.

About xbox live yea it does update rosters.

Btw sorry for the late reply, been very busy.

Upvote 0
They finally released a significant patch for the game. It fixes about 50+ bugs, most of which were critical (significant impact on game). They added 2 new game types; Conquest - where you fight for control points that give you tickets (much like BF2 conquest but obviously on a smaller scale) and Assasination - where one team defends a VIP armed only with a Glock19 while the other team tries to kill him. No new maps though, which pisses me off because the consoles got their very own map pack. They added widescreen support, but STILL haven't added support for LCD native 1280x1024! It's still a great patch though, the game is essentially fixed in my opinion, but excluding 1280x1024 support kind of irks me.

Upvote 0
They added widescreen support, but STILL haven't added support for LCD native 1280x1024! It's still a great patch though, the game is essentially fixed in my opinion, but excluding 1280x1024 support kind of irks me.

And I wondered why I can't select this resolution.

Played a bit and don't like it to much and I fear it will not change ...

Upvote 0
Don't use Vegas to gauge UE 3 engine on your PC. They use an old build, and quite frankly, the game on PC sucks. Even with the new patch which we all hoped would fix the problems. Still crashes just as much, UI is still the 360's and doesn't work well for PC (sometimes not at all like for locked servers which you can't invite people to because there is no live buddies system), and so on.

Server controls are also lacking (seriously) so efective server administration is impossible. IE: Don't get it for any sort of multiplayer. Single player is ok if you don't have any crash issues, but still isn't as good as it could or should be.

Upvote 0
Yeah it doesn't use UE3 to its potential at all. Frankly I think the game looks worse than many UE2.5 games, the only thing it has going for it is HDR (which is a catch-22 becase it disables antialiasing). In my opinion it runs horribly for the graphics quality it gives you (not that great). Still a lot of fun though, definately not bad enough to be turned into a coaster.

Upvote 0
sorry to did this one up but is this game worth checking out now it's dirt cheap? is the second one better?
i don't wanna waste my time.
is it an affront to the R6 series as lockdown was, or as graw was to GR? (though i thought graw was ok for what it was)
most importantly do ppl still play it or it's sequel online?

I was a R6 fan and i know this fails in comparison but basically, in it's own right, is it ok?

Upvote 0
It is not a Rainbow 6 game like Raven Shield.

It is not tactical at all (well, more so than HL2 or CoD, but you get the point).

There are some annoying things in the game, such as bad guys spawning within sight sometimes, but aside from that, it is a solid FPS game.

For $10 each, I would get them. Both offer a bit of fun IMO, and are worth $10.

Just do not expect a realistic or tactical shooter.

Upvote 0
I wouldnt touch it with a 6 feet pole even if it was given to me for free.
'Nuff said.

hehe well i knew what you'd think - i almost said "disaster aside", - have you not even played them though?

you would be semi pleased to know that my cash wouldn't be going in ubi-coffers though.

i am interested in multiplayer though - and come to think of it being ubisoft my DRM-alarm is going off....

Upvote 0