• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rainbow Six - Vegas

No i havent played them. I played Lockdown, then got weary to Vegas 1 and 2.
I saw enough gameplay footage and read enough about it though, so it's not like i'm uneducated about them. But when i cant even watch a 10 minute gameplay video without wanting to hurt someone, i fear for the life of my PC if i ever should play it.
Glad you never played them but have an opinion about how someone shouldn't play them...

:rolleyes:

The Vegas games are tons of fun. Pick them up for $10 without question.

Upvote 0
Glad you never played them but have an opinion about how someone shouldn't play them...

:rolleyes:

The Vegas games are tons of fun. Pick them up for $10 without question.

Don't try to be smug with me.
Like i said before, i have watched more than enough gameplay footage to form an opinion, and my opinion is that it's not a Rainbow Six game though it calls itself so, so it ****ing sucks ***.
There's nothing more to it than that. I dont care about bending the rules and trying to imagine it's not Rainbow Six because it's obviously meant to be a Rainbow Six oterwhise they wouldnt call it that.
That is a ****ing no go. I have drawn a line and i will not cross it.

It's so funny that whenever a game is being dumbed down or gets boycotted by a group for another reason, nobody sticks through with it and buys the stuff regardless when it's out. Just like with the L4D2 boycot.
I stick with my principles and it's my godgiven right to, so dont try to put me down because i stick to my beliefs while so many corporate muppets will not.

If you want a faithful R6 or another game to return to the R6 roots, you cannot allow yourself to buy this stuff because you are giving the developers a free pass to **** it up even more.
Just like what's happening right now to Ghost Recon AGAIN.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So what? You don't have the right to decide in which direction a game series has to go. If you don't like it then that's your problem, but even judging the game so much without having played it and thinking that your opinion still is worth as much as of those who actually played it and HAVE AN IDEA about the game is just annoying. If I had only judged ArmA2 by the videos, infos, etc. I've seen I'd think that it is the ultimate war game, but actually playing it teached me that's it's only a big POS(except for MP/editor which I won't judge because I never bothered with it).

Upvote 0
So what? You don't have the right to decide in which direction a game series has to go. If you don't like it then that's your problem, but even judging the game so much without having played it and thinking that your opinion still is worth as much as of those who actually played it and HAVE AN IDEA about the game is just annoying. If I had only judged ArmA2 by the videos, infos, etc. I've seen I'd think that it is the ultimate war game, but actually playing it teached me that's it's only a big POS(except for MP/editor which I won't judge because I never bothered with it).

So wait, you're saying that it's fine and dandy if they screw up a perfectly good franchise?

TBH, sometimes you only need to see gameplay footage to know they messed up. You don't need to play Vegas in order to see that it's very different from Raven Shield or Rogue Spear. I've played a bit of Vegas, it was quite bad.

FYI, ArmA 2 revolves around its MP and editor.

Upvote 0
So wait, you're saying that it's fine and dandy if they screw up a perfectly good franchise?

TBH, sometimes you only need to see gameplay footage to know they messed up. You don't need to play Vegas in order to see that it's very different from Raven Shield or Rogue Spear. I've played a bit of Vegas, it was quite bad.

Vegas also is fine and dandy if you ask me.

Upvote 0
sorry to did this one up but is this game worth checking out now it's dirt cheap? is the second one better?
i don't wanna waste my time.
is it an affront to the R6 series as lockdown was, or as graw was to GR? (though i thought graw was ok for what it was)
most importantly do ppl still play it or it's sequel online?

I was a R6 fan and i know this fails in comparison but basically, in it's own right, is it ok?
It's opinion-day, so here's mine:

GRAW1 & 2 (especially pt. 2 though) are better games than the R6 Vegas games. While both are intentionally breaking with the past in order to attract a broader audience, the GRAWs are imo very solid tactical shooters. R6 Vegas were more like straight action games and here they compete in a genre with other games that were imo better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Then they shouldn't advertise 'a branching campaign full of twists', 'Advaned AI', 'Dynamic Conversation System' etc. on the back of the cover.

They didn't screw up the franchise at all, they make millions of dollars more than they made before and the games, at least Vegas 1, were still enjoyable. I'm the first person who would support an oldschool Ravenshield 2, but all the whiners just really go on my nerves, seriously get over yourselves already(not counting you particularly). If you don't like it then, well, nobody's asking you to stay (a fan of the series). You are a customer and not more, you don't have the right to decide anything about the franchise. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. If enough people think+act the same way, then there will be change. If that's not the case then your a small minority and as such you simply have BAD LUCK. Again I'd love an oldschool R6, but seeing how childish some people act makes me shake my head.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Judging by the demo and a bunch of gameplay videos Vegas it's not even a particularly good action game in my opinion. The presentation is admittedly pretty nice but the gameplay feels like either a seriously dumbed down Ravenshield or a boring, undynamic Gears of War.
Just corridor after corridor full of enemies waiting for you to come for them.
In this regard the game feels a bit like an uninspired, fan-made singleplayer campaign for a real game.
The presentation is really cool at times though and the general gameplay (how cover works, how the weapons behave, etc.) is serviceable. Nothing special and not really fitting for a Rainbow Six game, but it's ok. The horrible level design (again, aside from the presentation!) dragged it down too much for me, however.

But if you liked it, good for you, of course.

Unfortunately there was no demo for Vegas 2 or I would have given it a chance.

I did like GRAW though (talking about the 360 version, just in case)!:)
And not just as "a game in its own right" either, but I think it was a fantastic sequel to Ghost Recon 2 and Summit Strike (xbox version) as well!
How those two stack up to GR1 and its expansions is another story, but GR2 -> GRAW made for a great sequel.
Enemies could have been less numerous and smarter instead, or at the very least more randomized but it was pretty enjoyable anyway. The behavior of the weapons was rather cool too. They felt heavy and dangerous.
The only part I really disliked were the gatling sequences but at least they kept them simple so you don't get stuck in one.

Upvote 0
Oh god...the Vegas series. The first one I played on PC with the lowest settings...compared to Raven Shield? Bad. The second I got for Xbox as a gift...got stuck on a part in SP and had no desire to continue. The multiplayer tries so hard to be fast paced like Call of Duty, but it has the mechanics of a more Raven Shield style...so it doesn't mix well. I like to forget I bothered with the Vegas series. What was I talking about again? :D

Upvote 0
Zips, while he hasn't played the games, his point is more than valid. I played the first Vegas and it so utterly destroyed the R6 franchise (well, Lockdown did that already, but I passed on that... Vegas was said to be a real R6 again by the media and some forums I frequent, thus I fell for it) that it made the abysmal GRAW series appear decent in comparison.

Oh how do I miss those golden Rogue Spear days, which was the best entry in the series.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The games didnt have a demo, so i had to base my opinion on the gameplay footage i saw.
What's the big difference between seeing gameplay and playing yourself? The experience is the exact same. And i'm not gonna buy it and by that action support it just to see, when Youtube works just as good.
You dont need to play every single game just to have an opinion about it, just like you dont need to drive an old Lada car to know that a Ferrari will drive better.

And i'll repeat myself: i'm not going to play the 'pretend it isnt called R6'-game.
That's like saying well, i'm not gay but i'm gonna pretend that guy's *** is a vagina anyway.
It just don't work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0