• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rage Dart

ScarFace

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
I know alot of people have talked about having the zerker have a rage boost or a speed boost at times. I was thinking as a way to increase inter-perk play, you could have the medic gun shoot a dart that is a speed/stamina bonus dart giving a temporary increase in speed and perhaps strength and/or damage resistence to another player.

The mechanics are already there as it would work off of the medic gun recharge counter, thus giving you a choice to fire a healing dart or a speed/stamina dart.

I'm a work, so I'm just tossing this out there. If balance issues seem to be a problem perhaps this dart could only work on zerker perks thus allowing medic and zerker to be a good team. Or if balance wouldn't be a problem then the dart could work on all perks. Also, maybe only 2 or 3 speed/stamina darts per wave so you can't spam them and the dart could only be fired if the recharge counter was at 100 and it would take the whole 100 away.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I like the general idea, darts that give other bonuses beside healing you.
its another reason for medics to use the mp7.

Darts that you could shoot that offer a 10% damage reduction, doesn't stack, and the damage reduction stays for a couple of seconds, with a second recharge meter for them.

I would also want a selection screen and choose your darts in the shop..
stuff like that :p

Upvote 0
perhaps adding a dart pistol for that particular task?

lol actually, Id like to see a poison dart gun of some kind, which causes damage over time just like flamerthrower but just weaker. Would come in handy when running away from sirens and husks as a medic, since you could just shoot a dart, run, and wait for them to drop dead after 10-20 seconds or something. If anyone ever played Fallout 3, it had this dartgun made of a toycar and and rubberbands xD

Upvote 0
lol actually, Id like to see a poison dart gun of some kind, which causes damage over time just like flamerthrower but just weaker. Would come in handy when running away from sirens and husks as a medic, since you could just shoot a dart, run, and wait for them to drop dead after 10-20 seconds or something. If anyone ever played Fallout 3, it had this dartgun made of a toycar and and rubberbands xD

maybe some kind of antivirus with random effect on the zed. sometimes they loose some health, sometimes, they go creazy, sometimes their head are blowing up.

Upvote 0
After reading some of these posts this "dart" thing could go along way. You could make different darts available at the trader such as:

speed/power darts,
poison darts,
tranquilizing type darts to slow zeds down, and
charm darts - imagine a scrake, a gorefast, or a FP fighting on your side...haha. That would be hilarious.

and last but not least the Kevorkian dart to kill that griefing noob who thinks its funny to trader block or weld doors behind him. (Ok that is going a bit far but you get the idea nonetheless).

Upvote 0
and last but not least the Kevorkian dart to kill that griefing noob who thinks its funny to trader block or weld doors behind him. (Ok that is going a bit far but you get the idea nonetheless).

I think this dart is the best one yet. I want at least 2 of these darts a wave for the jack that runs in front blocking shots and then when he gets introuble runs up in your face on fire so that you don't see the scrake train behind him.

But I think these darts should be a new separate weapon, becuase I want my medic to have another gun to play with so that he isn't bored cause we aren't getting injured at the moment, and start getting focus on kills, or worse go running around at ninja speed to see if there are any weapons to plunder get in trouble run back to camp to train us.

Upvote 0
If you will excuse my terrible art (touchpad and poor artist myself)...

But anyway the medic needs more power (or inversely other perks need less, which is what I support) not more utility.

I don't know exactly what the drawing was supposed to accomplish, other than wasting my time, but anyways....

The medic does not need more power. It is by far the most powerful defensive perk in the game due to its body armor and combined with a movement speed just shy of flash's it is one of the strongest perks out there. The xbow and the medic go hand in hand. Hell a few well placed shots will drop scrakes and fps and that is WITHOUT a weapon damage bonus.

And if a perk has more utility it is in a way more powerful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you will excuse my terrible art (touchpad and poor artist myself)...

But anyway the medic needs more power (or inversely other perks need less, which is what I support) not more utility.

ahahahaha that is good

I'm not really a fan of the beserker rage thing. I know its been suggested a couple of times but it seems kind of over to the top even for a zombie apocalypse situation where people shoot healing darts but that might just be me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know exactly what the drawing was supposed to accomplish, other than wasting my time, but anyways....
If you don't know what it is then you are new to the internets. It's rage template

The medic does not need more power. The xbow and the medic go hand in hand.

And if a perk has more utility it is in a way more powerful.
Medic plus crossbow is only good because crossbow is good. And it's better with SS. Why do you need any utility when you can kill everything, forever? Medic is not bad in any sense other than that it cannot match dps of other perks and in the only difficulties worth player these days makes it more likely that you will die (than not likely at all).

I'd rather other perks get a nerf, but generally I would like the medic to net more dps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd rather other perks get a nerf, but generally I would like the medic to net more dps.

If you give the medic more DPS then you will have another over powered perk like the sharp shooter. I'm sure you've noticed that usually the last person left alive is the medic due to his uber strong body armor. If you haven't noticed that you need to play some more on the "internets".

Think about it...the medic is the strongest perk in terms of being able to take a beating. There is a reason the medic doesn't get weapon bonuses that is because he's not supposed to be the main fighter. You want to combine the best defense with the best offense...that will equal over powered, plain and simple.

If anything the medics armor bonus should be given to the zerker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0