• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Price of the game?

I'd be surprised to see the game for even $50.

I love KF, but it's still just a multiplayer coop wave shooter at the end of the day, so far. The graphics may be nicer and the budget may have had to account for days worth of mocap work, but I think they'd be overplaying their hand charging $50+. Fans will pay that all day. New people? I'm not so sure.

I mean, for RO2 which was a fully featured MP game and their attempt at a AAA title, they only charged $40. And part of KF's success I think was the fact it surprised and delighted at the $20 price point, instead of disappointing at a much higher price point. I got friends to buy KF on a whim because it was only $20, vs. a higher price which seems like a much higher commitment. And that was _5 years ago_. Everyone I know only has less free time and are even tighter with their wallets when it comes to video games and Steam. So while the fan in me is like "Yeah, charge what CoD and Battlefield will charge", the realist in me says shooting for a lower price point is a better business decision.

My magic price point, as a fan, is between $29.99 and $39.99. More than the original KF by far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When he uses EA he (usually) means Early Access.
I see now! I got used to it, that EA = Electronic Arts. Makes sense now.

When he said EA title, I would have never figured out, that he actually meant Early Access and not EAgames as in "developer of title" ... in terms of a horribly bad developed game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd buy Killing Floor 2 if it was at $5.
Skell confirmed cheapskate.

Honestly though it could be 3 or 4 years until we see KF2 on a steam sale for 5 dollary doos. $30 just makes sense for it. Its not AAA, its going to have DLC and its probably going to be short on content (maps, weapons, compared to KF as it is now) for at least a year.

Upvote 0
Expecting it to be anywhere below at least $40 is pretty silly. At this point it's glaringly obvious that the game will be a full-fledged game, unlike the original KF1 which, like Team Fortress Classic, was not much more than a simple almost AAA-tier game made from an already existing engine. Just because it will most likely have DLC doesn't mean its price will go any lower.

Upvote 0