• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Preorder and beta testing?

Remember to keep your expectations realistic.

If you guys do get into the beta, remember, it's not the game, it's still a beta. It'll be unfinished in some respects, with bugs and game-play issues.

Also, a beta program is about getting the product right, not to satisfy the beta testers gaming desires.

That said...me me me me me me!

Upvote 0
The goal of big betas is often to check primarily for hardware compatibility and balance issues. And occasionally catching another bug. Usually those big betas happen when all information has been announced already, as the chance of leaks in such a big group is quite high. This is the reason that most often the testing for games is done onsite.

Saying whether or not you want to be in the beta now won't really matter. As when the time is there TWI will most likely make any requirements to be eligible for the beta available to all.

Aka its best to keep the fun in this topic :p, and let people state bizarre reasons why they should be testing. Without getting to serious about things.

Upvote 0
betakey.jpg

^he left one to me in his will :p

Upvote 0
I'm pushing for the 5 dollar beta purchase (that does not go into the final purchase price), that goes directly into my bank account. So far the rest of the team is not behind the idea.

But fear not friends, I shall continue this campaign!

Well that is cheaper than the current bribery model. The best deal for us would be to turn it around to extortion.

That's a nice castle you got their Yoshi. It'd be a shame if somethin' were to...happen to it...

Upvote 0