• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Prefer to play on RS, RO2, or RS/RO2 mixed servers?

Prefer to play on RS, RO2, or RS/RO2 mixed servers?

• Rising Storm only (Americans / Japanese)

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • Red Orchestra 2 (Soviet / Germans) only

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Rising Storm / Red Orchestra 2 mix

Votes: 86 71.7%

• Total voters
why would that break the game? they coud do whatever they want. how about germans versus Japanese? there's no reason they can't put whoever they want on the battlefield.

Judging by the fact the stats are separated, along with honor, I wouldn't be surprised if the assets for each side are hard-coded to either RS or RO2. It might not be possible for a mapper to simply place Americans and Germans on the same map.

I haven't tried mapping for RO2, so I don't know if the spawn actors are simply labeled as Allies and Axis with an RS/RO2 flag or are nation specific.

Upvote 0
MIXED ALL THE WAY!! This way you never get bored of either cus it's always switching it up. Although it does take some getting used to to switch mindsets for the two theatres.

For me, I prefer separate, as I can then pick a specific server knowing that I can play RO2 for however long I wish, without interruption, and if I want to change to RS, I just find another server and do the same.

Having them mixed can end up with a heavy slant towards one game or the other based on the popular vote, or I could still want to play RO2 or RS, yet it changes.... so I end up having to jump to another server anyways to get my fix.

Upvote 0