• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PPSH lag

Fisher

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Crawley, England
This is a problem that was fixed a long time ago, but has now come back.

When firing fully automatic, the frames per second spike, and I have died ten times were I should have got the kill, due to this lag. It means that Russian assault is literally unplayable for me now.

Please fix it TWI.

Res: 1920x1080
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Processor 3.6 GHz
RAM: 8GB
System type: Windows 7 64 bit
PSU: 750w
GPU: MSI ATI Radeon HD 6950 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express
Motherboard: ASRock M3A770DE AM3

Last edited:
This is a problem that was fixed a long time ago, but has now come back.

When firing fully automatic, the frames per second spike, and I have died ten times were I should have got the kill, due to this lag. It means that Russian assault is literally unplayable for me now.

Please fix it TWI.

Exactly man i ve got the same problem and reported it a day ago. PPsh is unplayable now. after shooting the fps lag spikes and all your shots miss because you cant control the recoil in the spike. happens with a mg 34 to a lesser extent too. This ppsh lag is giving me the most grief at the moment.

Average fps when you start shooting ppsh drops from 62 to 57 or 52 for me for a moment. An indicator of lost frames.

Approve of your post its 100% true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Exactly man i ve got the same problem and reported it a day ago. PPsh is unplayable now. after shooting the fps lag spikes and all your shots miss because you cant control the recoil in the spike. happens with a mg 34 to a lesser extent too. This ppsh lag is giving me the most grief at the moment.

Average fps when you start shooting ppsh drops from 62 to 57 or 52 for me for a moment. An indicator of lost frames.

Approve of your post its 100% true.

It lags as I shoot the first shot. I don't even get the luxury of trying to compensate for recoil, because I'm already dead!

I'm new to this game, but I've noticed that and decided to come to the forum. It's frustrating and I hope it gets fixed.

Don't worry, we've had this and much, MUCH worse problems before and TWI fixed it. I'm sure they'll do it again. I just wanted to point it out to them, but I'm sure they're aware.

You'll be taking down fritz in no time :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, I got it again and it was gone during beta and regular play before the GOTY update. Now the MG 34 and the ppsh give me stutter just at the start and then its normal. It does it every time I click so it makes it hard to control when I fire the weapon.

Update: I changed the max sound channels to and set audio quality to low and it still stutters on the first shot of the Mg-34 and the PPsh-41 which renders the guns really useless to use due to the stutter. Does anybody know if the GOTY update changed anything to cause this problem because it was gone before this update.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah same problem here too,but also with the most of the weapons.

Constant lag ingame cant shoot anything now!
I had no problem before the patch and I was doing very well.
Game freezes now and then 1-2 sec delay with strange sound-bugg.
I think some problems depends on the HIT-system and bad/worse netcode.

Take away Clientside HIT-reg!!!!!

I have check all my drivers & stuff = no problem up to date.
My system:
I7 950
580 GTX
100/100 Mbit fiberconnection

Others games and program no problem at all (not even ArmA2).

I hope you guys can fix this problem because I really like/liked this game before the patch.

Best regards Mkill73

Upvote 0
I tried changing sound quality and number of channels and it didnt help. Could anyone ask TWI if they acknowledge this issue and are trying to solve it?

Weapons wiht problems for me are : ppsh41, mg34 and avt. All are really high rate of fire.

This bug was present in Red Orchestra: Ostfront for me, but I have yet to encounter it in Heroes of Stalingrad.

I do wonder what causes this..
Bad CPU? Maybe a setting in the config file?

Upvote 0