• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Post Your Photography!

Couple of chilly beach shots from the south coast of England by the g/f and me. At least there's no snow.

P10138851024x768.jpg

P13122231024x768.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice one. How did you get that vignetting?

Also, I was wondering... how much do you guys usually edit your pictures? I usually do some basic editing like cropping, sharpening, rotating, slightly changing the hue, etc. But that's about it. Usually my pictures are not 100% sharp out of the camera so sharpening is what I always do first (and yes, they're perfectly focused ;) ).

Upvote 0
Nice one. How did you get that vignetting?

Also, I was wondering... how much do you guys usually edit your pictures? I usually do some basic editing like cropping, sharpening, rotating, slightly changing the hue, etc. But that's about it. Usually my pictures are not 100% sharp out of the camera so sharpening is what I always do first (and yes, they're perfectly focused ;) ).

Considering most of my photos these days are film, I don't do much outside of just scanning them.

With digital, I always shoot in RAW, and I'll edit saturation/contrast/tone/temperature based on what I want from the scene.

I never crop, and I generally don't give my photos wacky colors.

Though I may try some cross processing with film at some point, and I have done redscale film.

Upvote 0
The digital photos I've upped are all as taken (no editing done at all)

The Black and White pics are film and are simply direct scans.

I need to start learning to use photoshop tbh, but so far I've tried to take the picture right in the first place, rather than try an improve it afterwards

Judging by the results with your B & W stuff in particular you have taken the right approach, imo.:)

Upvote 0
So you guys also do minimal editing. That's cool. Nothing wrong with a bit of editing as long as the pictures are good in the first place. Sometimes a little bit of editing is necessary, like the picture of the horse, the hairs on its face are sharper now. But that's about the only editing I did. And with digital photography, there is no point in shooting directly to b/w if you can just convert them on your PC. BTW, I meant saturation, not hue. :D

I'd like to get into street photography, but don't really have the right lens for that yet. The 18/135mm isn't fast enough imo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0