• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll: KFWDT SMGs Finalized

The hampton looks cool, but I love me some UMP/mp5

The MP5 shouldn't be too hard for me to model, would be VERY similar to the G3 model.
G3-1-3.png

Upvote 0
So a game that is different from MW2 in nearly every imaginable way, is a copy of MW2 because they share a few of the world's most commonly used firearms?

You're missing the point.

KF is an excellent game for unusual weapons, since it doesn't have to fulfill any accuracy/aesthetic requirements, such as how WWII games require WWII guns, and Modern Warfare requires modern guns.

So, instead of taking advantage of this opportunity for some truly unique and original ideas, what do people do?

Why, regurgitate the same handful of guns they've seen in nearly every FPS of the last 10 years!

People are boring, unimaginative morons that aren't comfortable unless every game they play is a rearrangement of the same dozen set-pieces every AAA game title uses for that very reason.

Why do you think the Ideas and Suggestions board is chock-full of "ideas" like:

- OMG we should have air/mortar strikes! Just like BC2/BF2/MW2!
- Totes awesome idea for <gun that does the same thing as an existing gun>! How about we add <gun from CS:S/MW2>?
- We need molotovs/helicopter extraction/specimen that does X! No I don't realize that this game isn't L4D2.

Also, FYI, there were likely far more Sterling submachine guns manufactured than MP5s and certainly many times more than UMPs. The latter two are really only currently used by over-funded police forces that have never had to deal with a threat more significant than a crackhead with a knife or a rabid dog.

Upvote 0
Let's say that CoD4/MW2 copied the guns from CS:S.

Does this make the guns ok?

LoL apologies in advance if I rage... cause this conversation usually gets me riled up :p

To answer your quesiton, no cause they funciton totally differently. I hate the P90 in CSS and I hate the P90 in CoD4 and the UMP in CoDMW2.

They have far too much accuracy on their spray, too many bullets and too good damage. Its a gun any fool, no matter how bad they are at the game to just spray, pray, and win and is thusly regarded as a "Noob weapon" much like the M14 is in Kiling Floor.

The UMP in CSS however was a gun that was actually quite hard to use. If you were good at scoring headshots and controlling recoil (which are the skills you need to get good at CSS) the UMP was a good gun, but sprayers simply failed with it.

So when I say I like to think of the CSS UMP, I like to think of the weapon that actually takes some skill rather than the CoDMW2 noob wepaon :)

Upvote 0