• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll: Does RO2 Need Another Delay?

Poll: Does RO2 Need Another Delay?

• Yes, another 2 weeks

Votes: 249 35.1%
  • Yes, 1 month, at least.

Votes: 178 25.1%
  • No, the game should be fine by launch.

Votes: 282 39.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is no way 90% are having crashing issues with only like 1000 views or something in that crash thread, did you forget that RO2 outsold MW3 in preorders already?? All the other people are too busy having fun playing instead of sitting on here complaining. I don't have ANY crashing issues at all.

If you'd continue reading, I later recanted saying that there are a lot of people having problems. Not sure how many.

Upvote 0
lol

lol

i would wait and work more harder i don't think its there yet can't believe i am saying this but don't release it.
we had 20 playing this beta there's 2 left playing the others are so dissapointed there gonna hold off... its just not upto scratch it feels clunky and horrible sorry don't wish to offend and hope i don't but if you release it like it is i'll not be installing it my biggest dissapointment is you did all the fantastic work on tank animation for the inside and seem to forgetten the basic's ie turret movement tank recoil and moving the tank with the mouse to find your target with your turret just sucks bigtime.

Upvote 0
Just to clear up if TWI had to delay it again they will have to explain to pc gamer why they told them to stick early September on pc gamers October edition so even more mixed up pc gamers because every pc gamer i know has a pc gamer subscription.

And also i do know PC GAMER WHERE TALKING ABOUT WHY THEY DONT LIKE DELAYS IN OCTOBERS EDITION AT LEAST WHAT I WAS READING.

Thier was a big red orchestra 2 add in pc gamer the issue 231 it said the battle begins 13th September and loads of awesome pics and and some good points on why to buy it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys they can still fix problems when the game is released. I mean the game may have some bugs, but it's not like its not playable.

Gamers hate this crap. Don't release and unfinished product. PERIOD. It is never possible to get all the bugs out but it is possible to get most. Crashing to desktop should not be happening on release. Neither should alot of other stuff I have encountered. Also the game play needs to be addressed. This game has the potential to be huge but it isn't ready.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I'm bouncing back and forth with my opinion on this, and now I'm switching my vote back to my original vote of no delay... ship it on the 13th.

The two major issues I was having with the game - Server Browser not showing active servers / packet loss & speed hack detected issues - have all been resolved.

The Packet Loss / Speed Hack issue was a problem on my end of things, where my wife was downloading things off the internet on the laptop while I was trying to play and I was unaware...... and the server browser works normally now, though I don't remember Steam installing a new patch or anything.... it was just working *shrugs*

The game can ship on the 13th as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The game is quite fantastic by any standards as of the beta. But a delay would probably be beneficial. There are quite a lot of bugs that need fixing as well as avatar animations like the awkward MG pose and the bandaging system. There's also the issue of optimization. I know TWI can easily cope with them, but I doubt that this one last week would be enough time to truly polish it 100%.

Upvote 0
I dont get why everybody wants to delay...

Tell me one MP Online Game which run perfect on release date...
Even the really big ones dont get it in time...

And the really big issues will be solved in this remaining week.

If it dont run proper -maybe u start posting ur specs - i got not the best system but it runs just smooth...

:IS2: Fight on...

Upvote 0
It is in my opinion wise to delay the game if it could effect the sales and popularity of the final product, we have all waited bloody years for the thing so what is another couple of weeks to get it all running smoothly, they can still update the beta and we can still all test. Although there shall be many who will yell and scream and complain there will be many more happy to wait and to support Tripwire. Perhaps even as an apology they could release the SDK on the 13th then people can get to modding and creating some server mutators for any problems they currently see in the game and all popular mods may even get tweaked for addition in the final game.

Upvote 0
It would be nice if a programmer actually trying to solve the performance issues would post in this topic, then we'd have some direct information :)

I was as TWI yesterday so that they could look at my PC and test out a few things and spoke with Yoshiro about some of the issues, and from what I observed they are busting *** getting this done. They do not have a magic wand that fixes issues that beta testers have uncovered. (although the Gators fan looked like he might be hiding one..Kidding!!)

All of the concerns that have been brought up by us, they are tirelessly working to make good by release. Some of you guys (no one in particular) are acting as though these are some fly by night game developers that take your money and run, but if you look at the history of how they perform, they will be supporting this game for quite some time.

Not saying you should give them slack, but posting 50 new threads *****ing about same issue is not going to get it fixed any faster.

Reactions: Dcode
Upvote 0
I also get a kick out of everyone saying this is the buggiest beta ever, LOL. They obviously never participated in the first year of Rise of Flight

was there....saw...and the devs conquered.

but honestly, They need to puch it back and give everyone beta acess...but let it be known loud and clear that "it's not done so don't have a **** fit"

Upvote 0