• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pls TWI fix the bloody rambo mg

TheMarshal

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2014
I know this topic has been beaten to death, but one of the biggest gamebrakes in Ro2 is the hipfired Mg. Its not realistic that you can handle it like a super fast smg and to be so effective even at long range without even deploying it. The mg 34 is even better and more effective than a ppsh in close quarter combat. The Mg should used to provide covering fire and not as a super heavy assault rifle. Its just annoying. Pls make it like in Roost, with super slow moving, action key and

Last edited:
I know this topic is beaten to death, but one of the biggest gamebrakes in Ro2 is the hipfired Mg. Its not realistic that you can handle it like a super fast smg and to be so effective even at long range without even deploying it. The mg 34 is even better and more effective than a ppsh in close quarter combat. The Mg should used to provide covering fire and not as a super heavy assault rifle. Its just annoying. Pls make it like in Roost, with super slow moving, action key and

Upvote 0
Mg34 was super effective rambogun in Roost and DH as well:rolleyes: It was my only reason to ever pick 34 over 42 in DH to use it hipfired. The recoil wasn't much harder and the tracers helped even better.

I have never ever mentioned such problems in RoOst or DH in over 800 hours. Sorry, but show me a video of you doing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLBJ3Nh8GsY#t=86
Just horrible, this was never ever possible in ro ost and mods. Pls TWI fix it!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:cool:

Well, I have seen films of it being hip-fired. both new and in WWII.

It can be and was done, but then the focal question becomes: "is it too accurate when used this way in game?" I don't know. Is it?

If the game code is handling the projectile ballistics and physics realistically under those conditions, then fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think part of it is the movement (fixed for Classic mode) and the fact you always seem to be carrying at the ready for hipfiring (despite its weight). For the last part, it has been suggested over and over to add a mouse or key click to bring the weapon up to hip firing stance, even if it just adds a half or full second to bring the weapon into position.

Once the weapon is firing, I personally don't think its accuracy in game is much of an issue.

Upvote 0
Ro-OST had incredible hipfire for all guns and weapons, not sure what happened in RO2 though. Seems I need to aim down sights for just about everything.

What i find crazy is how the mg34 can be an incredible CQB weapon with hip-fire accuracy SMGS should have yet the SMG hipfire currently is all over the shop.

Makes room-clearing even more of a pain given the no 'LEAN+STRAFE'

Doubt anything will happen about that though, been an issue since the game came out! haha

Upvote 0
Hip firing a LMG is the only saving grace for "cannot deploy here".

In other words: Ask any MG'er how many times they were nerfed while trying to deploy repeatedly, rambo'ing is a fair trade off IMO. Your finger is on the trigger, how long should it take to shoot?

Remember, the 34 is a "light" machinegun. It's not like Arnold is walking around with a minigun. All weapons should be able to be fired from the hip (that's another beef). Obvious to me, one that spits out 15 rps has a better chance of a single bullet hitting a target at close range. Plus, longer weps can be more easily "pointed" at a target as well. For SMG's it's Spray-n-pray.

Upvote 0
Mg34 was super effective rambogun in Roost and DH as well:rolleyes: It was my only reason to ever pick 34 over 42 in DH to use it hipfired. The recoil wasn't much harder and the tracers helped even better.

I was a good rambo gun if you knew how to do it, but one thing it wasnt in RO or DH was a good fast draw gun. That is the main problem with it in RO2.

With all those advantages it is the best assault gun currently in the game, since it can outdraw all smgs (or rather it can draw as fast as, but with its higher rate of fire and high suppression factor, blow away the smgs before they manage to get a shot in).

Upvote 0
All the rambo defenders in this thread seems to ignore the incredible unrealistic fastdraw capability of the mg34 in their defences.

Introduce the RO1 way, with having to right click in order to hipfire with it and I am satisfied. Hipfiring in itself is not a problem, it is the ramboing (which is basically the fastdraw ability).

Upvote 0
Admittedly I think it's actually an MMG, but it's not a huge deal. I'm for whatever. It doesn't bother me immensely but I don't MG so I wouldn't mind a change.

If you'd lifted one you wouldn't consider it light.

'MG's were hipfired so it is realistic' is a bit naff, tbh. They were under very specific circumstances with some bracing and preparation, and they most definitely were not a lead CQB weapon.

Mg34 was super effective rambogun in Roost and DH as well It was my only reason to ever pick 34 over 42 in DH to use it hipfired. The recoil wasn't much harder and the tracers helped even better.

lol whut

Upvote 0