Pictures of Soviet infantry uniforms?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Trendkill

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2006
Dorset, UK
I'm looking for some pictures of Soviet infantry uniforms from WWII, if possible the sort worn in Stalingrad. I have searched the web but most results are websites selling replica uniforms, which can be very confusing.

Does anyone know a website dedicated to the the different uniforms of WWII? Or have any pictures of their own?

It would be much appreciated :)

thedonster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 27, 2006
British Colombia

Interesting site. Note that the Captain wearing the padded jacket is incorrectly described as holding an M44 carbine. The M44 had a bayonet lug and folding bayonet on the right side. He's holding what appears to be an M38.
This may seem like nitpicking, but given the level of detail in the descriptions it make me wonder what other errors are present.

Gamburd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2007
Detroit, MI
If you're willing to spend a little money, I recommend the Men-At-Arms and Campaign series of books by Osprey Publishing, (LTD?); it's a U.K. company.

I know they have several books on the Eastern Front and Soviet Army.

They're thin slim plastic bound books maybe around 50 pages long, and they are not cheap, about 16, 18, $20.00 each. They cover the history, are chock full of great information, and contain a few pages of color plates of uniforms in the book's center, usually based on photographs, with accompanying notes given detailed information on the uniforms. They're written by fine military historians.

The Campaign Series of books give more detailed information about certain battles and campaigns. I know some in this series are also on the Eastern Front.

Any good hobby store should probably carry them; they're really good books, but kind of expensive.

Google them and see if they have any book previews.

I

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
I wonder if the uniforms on my map need any adjustment to match some of these? I detect a bit of a yellow tint in the green uniforms.

Trendkill

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2006
Dorset, UK
If you're willing to spend a little money, I recommend the Men-At-Arms and Campaign series of books by Osprey Publishing, (LTD?); it's a U.K. company.
I do in fact have the Stalingrad campaign book, I'll probably look into to getting one or two more that take my interest.

Dr. Peter Venkman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 21, 2006
California
One thing that I loved about Medal of Honor multiplayer was that you could pick your uniform; I think that would kick *** for Red Orchestra, having a mixture of different uniforms as different combat units were forced to combine as the war stretched out, especially for the Germans.