• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pictures of Soviet infantry uniforms?

Trendkill

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2006
Dorset, UK
I'm looking for some pictures of Soviet infantry uniforms from WWII, if possible the sort worn in Stalingrad. I have searched the web but most results are websites selling replica uniforms, which can be very confusing.

Does anyone know a website dedicated to the the different uniforms of WWII? Or have any pictures of their own?

It would be much appreciated :)

Interesting site. Note that the Captain wearing the padded jacket is incorrectly described as holding an M44 carbine. The M44 had a bayonet lug and folding bayonet on the right side. He's holding what appears to be an M38.
This may seem like nitpicking, but given the level of detail in the descriptions it make me wonder what other errors are present.

Upvote 0
If you're willing to spend a little money, I recommend the Men-At-Arms and Campaign series of books by Osprey Publishing, (LTD?); it's a U.K. company.

I know they have several books on the Eastern Front and Soviet Army.

They're thin slim plastic bound books maybe around 50 pages long, and they are not cheap, about 16, 18, $20.00 each. They cover the history, are chock full of great information, and contain a few pages of color plates of uniforms in the book's center, usually based on photographs, with accompanying notes given detailed information on the uniforms. They're written by fine military historians.

The Campaign Series of books give more detailed information about certain battles and campaigns. I know some in this series are also on the Eastern Front.

Any good hobby store should probably carry them; they're really good books, but kind of expensive.

Google them and see if they have any book previews.

I

Upvote 0