• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Personalize weapon

What about personalizing it, like giving your weapon a name or making it able to put small pictures on it, text or decals? Nothing too dramatic but small personal touches that gives you a bond with your weapon so you won't throw it away for every weapon you come across. With the new weight system you can probably carry 2 main weapons anyway.

No thanks.
Imagination tells me that there will be players with stupid ideas.
I do not want to see tits on the rifle butt...

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
That said, I would be in total support of ranked up tank commanders being aloud to name their tanks
and apply external hull artwork
just like they did in real life. That would be sweet!

+1 Yes!

I really hope we see that feature, too. Also killmarks on the barrel or turret (for current round or life of tank)

tigername.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
+1 Yes!

I really hope we see that feature, too.
tigername.jpg

How is that supposed to even work? kills per game? total kills? either way it would not really work.

kills per game would be added at the end after the battle (you gonna get out in the middle of a battle to do it?)
total kills would be stupid for a game your barrel would be full.

I'd suggest if they do anything like this its just random, if you choose how many kill marks I see people going silly.
What are you gonna do pause the game every time you get a kill and change it?
If its automatic when its dumb because no one will see it.

As for the name every time your tanks dies then you have the same tank again..? seems abit silly.

It really should all be random or not at all and change on new tank spawn. Thats alot easier less work and still gives tanks some variation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How is that supposed to even work? kills per game? total kills? either way it would not really work.

kills per game would be added at the end after the battle (you gonna get out in the middle of a battle to do it?)
total kills would be stupid for a game your barrel would be full.

I'd suggest if they do anything like this its just random, if you choose how many kill marks I see people going silly.
What are you gonna do pause the game every time you get a kill and change it?
If its automatic when its dumb because no one will see it.

As for the name every time your tanks dies then you have the same tank again..? seems abit silly.

It really should all be random or not at all and change on new tank spawn. Thats alot easier less work and still gives tanks some variation.
But is really having a tank with the same name driving around after being blown up really that silly? After all, we have players with the same name who get killed repeatedly in all MP FPS games. Oh and they all happen to look the same -- how is that not just as silly?

And the "no one will see it" argument is largely irrelevant in this situation. Customization features such as this exist for the player who uses them, not for the other players in the game. People like to tweak themselves to feel unique -- not so that someone can necessarily notice them.

With tank name/decals I'm simply suggesting a feature that would both boost immersion and fun factor in the game. Obviously a system where you name a tank and apply details could mean that players write obscene things on their tanks, but people do stuff like that anyway with player names -- and if any of you are familiar with WWII era hull art, you'll know that they were rarely on "appropriate" subject matter. :rolleyes:

And if the hull art wasn't custom but was based on options given to the player based on rank or achievements, I could see a nice system developing. Let players name their tank and choose a small decal, set its colors, etc. It's not like I'm suggesting that players be able to color their tank with hot pink camo or anything crazy like that. Honestly, even as a realism nut, I don't see any major problems with this and think it could be alot of fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But is really having a tank with the same name driving around after being blown up really that silly? After all, we have players with the same name who get killed repeatedly in all MP FPS games. Oh and they all happen to look the same -- how is that not just as silly?

And the "no one will see it" argument is largely irrelevant in this situation. Customization features such as this exist for the player who uses them, not for the other players in the game. People like to tweak themselves to feel unique -- not so that someone can necessarily notice them.

With tank name/decals I'm simply suggesting a feature that would both boost immersion and fun factor in the game. Obviously a system where you name a tank and apply details could mean that players write obscene things on their tanks, but people do stuff like that anyway with player names -- and if any of you are familiar with WWII era hull art, you'll know that they were rarely on "appropriate" subject matter. :rolleyes:

And if the hull art wasn't custom but was based on options given to the player based on rank or achievements, I could see a nice system developing. Let players name their tank and choose a small decal, set its colors, etc. It's not like I'm suggesting that players be able to color their tank with hot pink camo or anything crazy like that. Honestly, even as a realism nut, I don't see any major problems with this and think it could be alot of fun.

I can sorta see what you're saying. I usually agree with you. We have similar taste, haha.

If implemented juuusttt right, I could see this being a cool feature. But I just don't see it happening. People will always abuse features like this.

On a side note, I definitely know what you're saying about real WW2 hull art. It was usually pretty "foul", haha.

Upvote 0
1 stripe stands for 10 defeated enemy targets, if I remember correctly!

Still, it would only take about a week for a dedicated player to fill his tank barrel up with this. Also this would be incredibly hard on the game. i mean with the tanking system how its going to be in ROHOS you aren't guaranteed a commanders spot in a tank anymore or a spot in a tank period(unless your on an all armored server). Making the server load a new skin on a tank every time someone takes command is just silly. If you keep it client side then it loses its aesthetic value because no-one else can see it. Honestly it would be foolish because by week 2 there would be tank commanders running around with more kills than the entire german 6th armee.

sooo. No.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't care much for kill marks and tank names. But I would like to see varying tank numbers, like for instance the last 3 numbers of your steam id.

That way you can identify someone's tank with your binocs, and it likely won't take up that much memory. After a while certain numbers might become recognized that way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the tnak number and kill marks/name is a great idea.....plus, tripwire can use a censor that filters words like ****, ****, hell, etc..even thow were all fine with thows words.....

on the rifle i think it would be cool if you could unable the option toe scratch lines and tally marks in the butt for the ammount of head shots from your stats page.

names and pictures...no

but tank names yes! i will call my t34 Da Tractor and my Tiger tank i will name Tiger..

this is tiger tiger looking for a kill!

Reactions: jalex3
Upvote 0
i don't care much for kill marks and tank names. But i would like to see varying tank numbers, like for instance the last 3 numbers of your steam id.

That way you can identify someone's tank with your binocs, and it likely won't take up that much memory. After a while certain numbers might become recognized that way.

+ 1 :is2:

Upvote 0
people don't look at tank numbers and go "oh my, isn't that the famed so and so?"

when they see tanks, they want to distinguish its type so as to react effectively to it.

no gamey nonsense please. just practical tactics based features. therefore i don't see the point of personalizing anything about a tank.

i will only support: camouflage nets and foliage, different camouflage paint jobs and other realistic and useful features.

thanks.

Upvote 0
also have it so as you level up and get more kills, you get a sort of currency, RO points, if you will, to use to buy slots for weapon addons such as scopes, duel mags, etc. and you can buy different colours and styles for your scope reticle. I have never seen this done in any game and i believe it would help get more intelligent people to play.

Reactions: jalex3
Upvote 0