• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Peripheral Vision and Soldiers Speaking

Krobar

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
The sewers of Leningrad.
Alright first off the peripheral vision seems to be messed up to help people see enemies. I've noticed that the peripheral vision indicators only show up showing enemies pass by and not friendlies as well. Sneaky sneaky TW but I caught you! I think it's best to make it make sense and have the peripheral vision indicators show friendlies as well.

Ok, now this isn't about native languages... the soldiers seem to be breaking the fourth wall. When you shoot a friendly (accidentally ofcorse) YOUR soldier will say "You're shooting our guys!" (I know this is your soldier because I did it playing with only a few people on Grain Elevator while away from everyone else) The soldier seems to be talking to you personally. I see where this would fit in as a friendly telling you you shot another friendly just seems bugged right now.

Maybe it has something to do with relaxed realism? If the players are already on your map, I imagine there would be less reason to display the indicator. I have had friendlies run by without triggering the indicator, so there has to be some rule set for it.

:confused:

I only play full realism, no mini-map. Could be server option.

Upvote 0
While on the topic of voices;

does anyone else occasionally hear what sounds to be some guy speaking on a radio saying things like "the recon plane will be inbound shortly" or whatever?

I dont like this as first of all it makes it seem like im wearing a headset which soldiers did not have back then, Second, i also i have my game set to german/russian voiceovers (no english), but stuff like that comes out in english anyway and breaks immersion

Upvote 0
Please do, I feel like I'm missing out here. :p

2011-09-22_0000422.jpg

That little white thing on the left. Varies in size depending on how far away the person is (in this case ~10 m) and where he is in you vision etc.

Upvote 0