• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Peripheral Vision and Soldiers Speaking

I very rarely noticed them and most of the time I thought it was showing me sound direction (somebody making noise via shooting) not the enemy? I play on 1920 x 1080 so these indicators are really small for me and that's the main reason I often fail to spot them since I care more about middle of the screen rather than its marges.

Upvote 0
Peripheral Vision could be good feature if it would implemented in same way as it is in ArmA 2 game.
It should show:
- all soldiers, vehicles, friendlies and enemies
It shouldn't show:
- soldiers behind smoke, not moving targets behind big cover

Right now it's familiar to smoke hack.

Soldiers Speaking, very irritating and gamey. I wish it would be an option for player to turn off his soldiers speaks.

Reactions: Tea and Crumpets
Upvote 0
Indicator, you mean the white light bar that flashes where bullets are coming from? Besides that, im lost at what you all are talking about.. and I got over 40hrs in RO2 already..

Same here, I think it's turned off for me or something. I've been playing since Sept 16. Could someone post a screen shot? been all over the net with no images of these. I need to pay those guys back that seem to know exactly where I am in a cloud of smoke!

Upvote 0
I've suggested this before, and I think it is the best way to tweak this feature.

Have the indicators display both friendlies and enemies, reduce the range required for them to appear, and make them respond to motion (the human eye largely responds to motion for periphery).

In my experience, most players never know the indicators exist. On top of that I've only ever seen them display enemies. Sadly it is more effective to sweep your head back and forth looking for an indicator, than it is to actually look for the enemy.

Upvote 0
Same here, I think it's turned off for me or something. I've been playing since Sept 16. Could someone post a screen shot? been all over the net with no images of these. I need to pay those guys back that seem to know exactly where I am in a cloud of smoke!

This:

2011-09-22_0000422.jpg

That little white thing on the left. Varies in size depending on how far away the person is (in this case ~10 m) and where he is in you vision etc.

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This edge marker is:

- ugly
- show enemys only
- show you a grey dot for every enemy beside you

but it:

- have to show comrades, too
- have to show trees and papers blowing in the wind (because they are moving, too)
- have to show you only one signal for every movement beside you, not one grey dot for every single movment (enemy).

or:

- remove it

And

a much better soundsystem would be much better to locate enemys behind or beside you than this stupid edge marker. Than you are able to hear enemy footsteps beside you. Now they all wearing ninja boots and can kill you easily from behind with their deadly bayonets.

Upvote 0
This edge marker is:

- ugly
- show enemys only

but it:

- have to show trees and papers blowing in the wind (because they are moving, too)
- have to show you only one signal for every movement beside you, not one grey dot for every single movment (enemy).

or:

- remove it

And

a much better soundsystem would be much better to locate enemys behind or beside you than this stupid edge marker. Than you are able to hear enemy footsteps beside you. Now they all wearing ninja boots and can kill you easily from behind with their deadly bayonets.

This was the point of this thread when I started it. Thanks for the better formatting.

Upvote 0
I very rarely noticed them ... I play on 1920 x 1080 so these indicators are really small for me and that's the main reason I often fail to spot them since I care more about middle of the screen rather than its marges.
^ This. On hi-res screens PVIs are too tiny to notice most of the time and all but disappear altogether when their background isn't dark. Fix them (show allied movements, option to improve their visibility for hi-res screens) or get rid of them entirely. As they are now, they're pretty much a hack: sweep the screen = zero in on any enemy even if they're behind smoke.

Upvote 0
This edge marker is:

- ugly
- show enemys only

but it:

or:

- remove it

And

It just needs to be cut back a bit. Say only showing troops within 20 metres to the left or right. I don't know if I am the only one but I like them. Would like them more if they were a little bit less 6th sensey.

Upvote 0
While its a nice feature well implemented, it can be seriously exploited right now.

More than once i've been detected enemies thanks to that freaking scanner of movement RO2 soldiers have in their skull. Sometimes i could just turn the POV to verify if there where hostiles in a trench even if i could just looking straight to the point.

Hell, it even detectes individual targets at once, each with different range measures.

Right now, its seems a little bit too hacky. Limit it to close range and just one "point" per side and no aproximate location, just left or right.

Upvote 0
It seems something wrong is with them,
I remember afther release, the white indicators were showing only enemies, then afther some time it started showing also Team Mates (Allies) which was confusing and resulted in many many team kills, now again its showing only enemies.

I like them, the person from Tripwire who put them in is genious, its like when you are in real life concetrating on one thing, but suddenly you have feeling you saw something with your corner of the eye. Same thing in RO2 :D Genious!

And btw, i don't hear those death screams...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like them, the person from Tripwire who put them in is genious, its like when you are in real life concetrating on one thing, but suddenly you have feeling you saw something with your corner of the eye. Same thing in RO2 :D Genious!

Yeah, exactly!
A really cool feature. It'd be great if it worked for both enemies and allies.

Upvote 0