• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Periodic Freezing - Multiplayer!

Neil79

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Generally the game is spot on only took you guys a year to fix it :rolleyes: but still when playing the game will freeze for a split second and frame rates drop to 40 and quickly goes back to normal. It seems to happen with certain explosions but I haven't tested this fully yet. ( not vsync or oc related )

Happens about once or twice during a round, temps are spot on and system tested works fine in BF3 and any other game

Last edited:
That can happen if you have too less free RAM available. The game needs to play a sound file -in this case for the arti drops-, but that file isn't yet loaded in memory. Try to free some extra memory by reducing the number of active background applications or by adding RAM.
A program like GameBooster can help you with freeing RAM space.

Upvote 0
there's a few guys here, who i bow to and don't question, as far as advice is concerned. Ducky is one. take it for what it's worth.

Understandable but doesn't always make it right, if it's running out of ram when the customers computer is virus free, low processes and nothing else running in the background then that is a game bug that needs fixing. A game such as this should not be using upto 8gb of memory plus you'd also get windows complaining about low performance which never happens.

This is the only annoying bug really

I'm not a noob who just got his first computer btw :p

Upvote 0
Just thought i'd add this could be going the wrong way too it may not be a memory issue and could be something else!, just think about many bugs/flaws this game has had in it's original release with the developers screaming at customers saying it's their fault.

Did you not forget them asking some to send their pc's into Tripwire because the game according to them was pretty faultless lol

Upvote 0