• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Pathing

No idea but I know enough about jumpnodes as it's the same as UT with these. Basically they are nodes but it triggers the jump for the AI. A perfect example would be KF-Deck16][-fix. When an AI touchs it, it tells the AI where exactly to jump and where to land so that it makes perfect movement on the spot lik in Deck, jump from top to the middle bridge. This is only a simple example so sorry if it isn't perfectly explained.

Upvote 0
zombienodes are for spawning zeds (storymode)
zombiepathnode is for allowing specific zeds to use that path
jumpnodes link to navigationpoints (or items, etc.) and specify height, can be blocked so only zeds use.

there's other nodes for ai, like assault paths, patrol paths, etc., but i never could figure out how to make them work correctly, i got patrol paths to work a bit, but buggy.

Upvote 0
JumpSpots are the destinations for jumps. You can just use a normal PathNode for that too though. Bots know where to jump.

In UT2004 you could use JumpSpots to force bots to use a double-jump to get there, rather than a single jump (because they sometimes misjudged the distance), or you could make them use a shield jump or have them dodge-jump up ramps. Since Killing Floor doesn't have any kind of special jump, and bots can apply the regular jump anyway, JumpSpots are useless.

AssaultPaths can be used to make "paths" within the path network that bots can use to attack a base in gamemodes like CTF. Rather than having them figure out a good way within the web of paths on their own you can lay out a good way or two. They are just suggestions, however, and bots still do what they want. If they get distracted along the way because the situation changed, because they saw or heard and opponent or because a valuable item spawned somewhere else they still do what they think is best.
For Killing Floor, again, these are useless as bots don't attack bases, they just trudge towards players and the regular path network is enough.

Upvote 0