• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ostfront battle chatter!

Of course the first thing I did was select German Engineer and throw a satchel... I was quite disapointed at the lack of Shambeh Bambeh :(
The satchel warning sound cue is still there. I did nothing to alter its trigger conditions, so it plays just as it normally does in RO2. I believe it's only triggered if there are other friendly soldiers nearby as it's meant to be a warning to your allies, not your enemies.

Upvote 0
Some people told me that the mutator notifications in big red font annoys them. With this they mean the notifications which appear each time after they spawn. Those notifications can be turned of on each individual client. To do this:

1. Go to the RO2 main menu
  2. Select the Steam Workshop menu item
  3. On the next page select the Mutators tab
  4. On the Mutators tab select RO1ChatterMut. It should be in the left list.
  5. Next click the Configure button
  6. Un-check the Show notifications check box and click Accept to save the settings
From now on those notification messages will be suppressed.

Upvote 0
The satchel warning sound cue is still there. I did nothing to alter its trigger conditions, so it plays just as it normally does in RO2. I believe it's only triggered if there are other friendly soldiers nearby as it's meant to be a warning to your allies, not your enemies.

For some reason (according to my memory), the satchel-placing sound cue is played when the character is sprinting forwards, with only the forwards key and shift being held and no other button being pressed.

Upvote 0
Some people told me that the mutator notifications in big red font annoys them. With this they mean the notifications which appear each time after they spawn. Those notifications can be turned of on each individual client. To do this:

1. Go to the RO2 main menu
  2. Select the Steam Workshop menu item
  3. On the next page select the Mutators tab
  4. On the Mutators tab select RO1ChatterMut. It should be in the left list.
  5. Next click the Configure button
  6. Un-check the Show notifications check box and click Accept to save the settings
From now on those notification messages will be suppressed.

Thank you for these instructions! I am using the RO1chatter mute and like it.. Being able to eliminate the red notifications is great! Thanks again for all you do!

Upvote 0