• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

really?

no toggle crouch/prone, i cant increase/decrease mouse sensitivity at all (at last i didnt find that), you cant move while giving orders, horrible weapon switching ect.

Well then you should check the options more thoroughly ;)

I think it's either Z or X that makes you go down one stance. And then space to go up one stance. Also you can find mouse sensitivity in options.

Upvote 0
i sayd toggle, wich means press c to crouch and again c to stand up again

1. Remap stance down key to C
2. Press C once to toggle crouch
3. ???
4. Press C again to toggle prone
5. ???
6. Profit

I remember that this was one suggestion for RO some time ago. People thought it was realistic because some other game had it too. Rainbow 6 or something where you could use mouse wheel to change your stance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. Remap stance down key to C
2. Press C once to toggle crouch
3. ???
4. Press C again to toggle prone
5. ???
6. Profit

I remember that this was one suggestion for RO some time ago. People thought it was realistic because some other game had it too. Rainbow 6 or something where you could use mouse wheel to change your stance.

i just dont like that system
toggle crouch/prone is just so much easier and you have exactly the same ammount of keys

Upvote 0
I actually like the game, Shadrach's points pretty much sum up how I feel. There's not much replay value though, and maybe I'm just an idiot, but the mission editor is confusing and frustrating to control.

They also could have made the island a little more interesting. I haven't looked at the whole thing in the editor, but I think Skira is missing at least one decent sized urban area? That would have been nice to have in.

Upvote 0
Well then you can't go and state "the controls are horribly awkward", can you? :rolleyes:

look above, there are other points
and as allways, those are just my opinnion, not a godgiven fact (allthought that comes close to it :p )

i got myself to play it a bit further, level 5 now
i start to be able to handle the controlls and the overall gameplay pretty good (allthoguht that doesnt mean i like the conbtrolls) but one thing that really pisses me off is the permanent stupidness of the friendly AI

i got teamkiled around 10 times up till now, most of the time from a friendly AI just shooting throught me

worst thing in this game are the friendly vehicles, they shoot as soon as they see a pixel of the enemy, but fail to actually hit that, and instead hit the crest of the hill they are behind, teamkilling friendly units moving there now and then

the artillery system is pretty good, allhought i dont like the way its used, IE its scripted when and where you have to use it
the mission where i had to defent that airfield i took all chinese tanks out with my SMAW, then realising i had to use the airstrikes to kill them
i finished it anyways, and now guess what?
it was a secondary objective to use the airstrikes on them, what kind of sense does that make? :rolleyes:

anyways, overall gameplay is sometimes pretty fun, sometimes horribly annoying

Upvote 0
i've not really kept up with this one lately, though it seems to be copping a lot of stick.
Though I am wary of the video's outlining the faults cos they clearly have an agenda and their tone suggests the belief, rightly or wrongly, that the OFP name and concept has been hijacked and that a CM offering would never have been accepted.

Can someone tell us, is the EGO engine flexible, user freindly and expandable - basically is it possible that this game could recieve 3rd party redemption?

Upvote 0
Possible? With all the ArmA/BIS fans? No.
Btw, I just tried the ArmA 2 demo. The AI in that game doesn't know anything about moving as a squad.

They know how to stick to formations and they will use leapfrogging in danger-mode, so i wouldnt say they know nothing.
Next to that they sometimes use cover quite intelligently. The driving needs touching up though.

Upvote 0
They know how to stick to formations and they will use leapfrogging in danger-mode, so i wouldnt say they know nothing.
Next to that they sometimes use cover quite intelligently. The driving needs touching up though.

Having spent days, weeks and more play-testing the same mission I reckon they are petty darn good.
The trouble with vehicles is more due to the road id thing in Visitor than the actual bots.

I'm tempted to get DR, just to compare the two.

Upvote 0