• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Only 2 servers showing up in Darkest hour

Yea the files are the "same" but some steam update everyone downloaded somehow is stopping server listing from showing up, but yet they can still run and play the game. Not until they "verify cache" can they see the servers normally. Maybe another update could fix it? And while you are at it, update the RedOrchestra.exe to use more memory like I suggested already, this will prevent a lot of new players from crashing on larger maps and help keep players around.

Upvote 0
Server problem killed my favorite game

Server problem killed my favorite game

For the past week I have been under the impression all the DH servers simply went offline. Only after extensive searching of forums did I find out you had to verify the system cash or whatever. I'm afraid most players just think no servers exist anymore. This is a huge screw up in my opinion and I think tripwire should somehow make an announcement explaining to players how to fix this problem.

Upvote 0
I'm done waiting around for TWI. I've only spent over 2000 hours developing content for a mod of their game to have it ruined by a stupid bug. Yoshiro thanks for the attempt, but I wash my hands of this. It's nice you guys released RO for linux, but you killed the game doing it.

Hey man, i can feel for You.. this must be frustrating. I'd stick on a little bit further though, or give it a break... i'm sure this will get fixed soonish.

Yeah, as i stated before here, whatever the actual problems are causing these server browser issues, i really do hope they get fixed asap as they are quite some showstoppers, right now. Or, if they cannot be fixed by TWI but rely on server admins, a clear official message about what exactly needs to be done to fix this would be appreciated.

I do know that the current focus is RO:HOS, however, it'd be only smart to keep RO:OST and it's mods at least alive... lately it has been quite active again (until these issues occurred) and could still serve as a good pool to attract more and new players to the RedOrchestra franchise in general.

Not everyone can or wants to run RO:HOS (especially if he/ she is running older hardware) or prefers the gameplay of RO:OST as it is right now. And once getting used to it's style and having upgraded hardware RO:HOS might become a viable choice => new customers incoming.

Regarding Linux and upcoming Mac support: I do not see that much sense in releasing RO:OST for these platforms as well, if such issues kill the playerbase...

Anyways, heads up guys, i think stuff will get fixed, soon ;)

cheers,
gitano

Last edited:
Upvote 0
heya,

I verified my RO1 games, defragmented and was looking for hardware misstakes.

Still its only possible to see a hand full servers in the list.
If OST or DH - MN is gone away somehow, not more available?!

You know, outside there are many player which are having the same problems I would guess.

We all want fight with RO1-feeling :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I've been checking in to Viper's server at different times this weekend, but it's always completely empty.. in fact, of the RO servers that usually have players, all are empty or gone even after verifying. I then checked into Theel's DO server and it looks like it doesn't even exist anymore. What a shame. Darkest Orchestra was an RO vets dream come true.

Great way to kill both of these games off. Can it really be that time consuming to fix a server browser? Is there any desire at all on the part of TWI to ever address this, or are you guys just letting it die on purpose? I know that may sound like some kind of silly veiled accusation on my part but we're talking about a server browser here. A server browser that worked just fine for years and all of a sudden doesn't work and doesn't look like it's going to get fixed any time soon. Kind of a strange business tactic to sell a Red Orchestra Franchise Pack and one of the games in the pack essentially doesn't work out of the box. My Spidey-sense is tingling.

Upvote 0
For the sake of all, hope this gets fixed, especially since it is still being pushed on sale. Now I almost never play ROOST or the old mods anymore but others do and others I'm sure some new players just bought the game.

Personally I just checked and I get over 20 servers showing up in the DH list in the GAME browser. In Steam's server browser, '0' show up. I will say that I just validated DH game files and it had to download over 25 files.

Good luck to those who can't see anything.

Upvote 0
For your information, I posted below my method of fixing server browser issue in RO. As for DH, verifing integerity of cache after the installation resulted in dowloading 25 something missing files. Right now, I think am able to see all of the servers. However as Mr Moe mentions, the steam server browser currently shows 0 server.

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1169327&postcount=6[/URL]

Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

Upvote 0
For your information, I posted below my method of fixing server browser issue in RO. As for DH, verifing integerity of cache after the installation resulted in dowloading 25 something missing files. Right now, I think am able to see all of the servers. However as Mr Moe mentions, the steam server browser currently shows 0 server.

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1169327&postcount=6[/URL]

Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

The problem is that unless every person who plays RO or DH also does everything you've listed here, they are not going to ever see the servers, so the servers will remain empty.

In other words, as long as it remains broken, fewer and fewer people will be playing. Some have already given up, some servers have ditched RO and DH already and moved on to other games.

Upvote 0
This is a real bummer, Ro and Dh is one of the most atmospheric and realistic ww2 shooters ever. If it fades due to this its just sad, while Ro2 is good in its own right it doesn't compare to the original in terms of realism,netcode and atmosphere.

Verifying any sort of files locally for ro & dh didn't solve it for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0