• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Omaha beach map project need help!!

Upvote 0
we also got Twrecks LCVP simplified (thank you! Twrecks) and ready for ingame, now going trought the texturing process... we just have two versions, which one you guys like more? (very small difference, just check the sides)

Found this colorised LCVP pic today:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Hmm...Looks good, three things (four actually). Add coloration to the lighting, reduce the tiling effect on the terrain (also It's way too smooth, un-smooth it a bit), reduce tessellation by one tier, add more small props, small meshes, and decals. Everything seems to be too sparse, that or the foliage layer's draw distance is too small/LOD sequence. Oh and add more strength to the painting of the terrain, it shouldn't be totally blended like that.

Upvote 0
Hmm...Looks good, three things (four actually). Add coloration to the lighting, reduce the tiling effect on the terrain (also It's way too smooth, un-smooth it a bit), reduce tessellation by one tier, add more small props, small meshes, and decals. Everything seems to be too sparse, that or the foliage layer's draw distance is too small/LOD sequence. Oh and add more strength to the painting of the terrain, it shouldn't be totally blended like that.

Beskar, thanks for the input bud. As far as what you suggested:

• The lighting is being adjusted currently by lallup and will be "better" in the end
  • At this point, If I reduce the tessellation, it ruins all of the underground trenches and bunkers, so I am not sure this is an option :(
  • Small details and props will definitely be added. We are finally to a point where the map is completely "laid out"
  • The draw distance for the grass is between 2500 - 3000 UU's. The thick grass is giving me some FPS drops into the 30's if I dial it up much higher. That being said, I am not noticing much foliage "pop" with these values
  • Fog has been tweaked several times and the pictures linked above are the strongest fog we have yet tried. I like it for the coast, but it does seem too thick for the inland areas. We are using exponential heightfog and will continue to play with the values.
  • As far as more strength, can you elaborate on this a bit? Do you mean the different terrain layers should stand out more?

Thanks again for your input, it is much appreciated! :):)

Upvote 0
Beskar, thanks for the input bud. As far as what you suggested:

• The lighting is being adjusted currently by lallup and will be "better" in the end
  • At this point, If I reduce the tessellation, it ruins all of the underground trenches and bunkers, so I am not sure this is an option :(
  • Small details and props will definitely be added. We are finally to a point where the map is completely "laid out"
  • The draw distance for the grass is between 2500 - 3000 UU's. The thick grass is giving me some FPS drops into the 30's if I dial it up much higher. That being said, I am not noticing much foliage "pop" with these values
  • Fog has been tweaked several times and the pictures linked above are the strongest fog we have yet tried. I like it for the coast, but it does seem too thick for the inland areas. We are using exponential heightfog and will continue to play with the values.
  • As far as more strength, can you elaborate on this a bit? Do you mean the different terrain layers should stand out more?

Thanks again for your input, it is much appreciated! :):)
Blending the Tmats, it's too well blended. For the tesselation of the terrain, separate those areas then.

Upvote 0