• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Omaha Beach - Heroes of the West trailer

Yeah but which servers? I saw no complaints about not being able to spawn on the 29th. However several people did when I was on crucible and people do when they are on my server which I assume uses the same redirect as crucible.

One guy did, played on 29th about 2 hours before event and we had about 25 playing. One guy said he was stuck in spectate mode so I told him to reinstall with MODDB files and he returned several minutes later and still couldnt spawn. Not sure what else could be the cause.

If they dont have the Enviroment packages they only have problems on Brest and Omaha, which are the only two maps that use those. But I think that you get kicked to main menu though, not stuck in spectate mode.

If you dont have the mod installed properly seems to be when u get stuck in spectate. These are people that are claiming they subbed in SWS which has typicaly been the "for sure" way to install mod.

Upvote 0
:)

The event went full server for four hours. Couldn't have been better. Hopefully the developers got as much feedback as they required for the next update. I will showcase the map tomorrow again at the same time. 1pm US EST. Thank you to everyone for their help and participation. Please place any map improvement ideas in the beta maps section of the forum for Omaha Beach. Not here. That stuff needs to go directly to the developer's thread.

Upvote 0
:cool:

Listen: My job is to promote custom work. As I've said in the past, if a developer or a group of them wishes to push hard on a new map to refine it, I will bend over backwards to feature it. Just ask. If I can get TWI to make a flash announcement, well, you can see the results of that today. So.... ask, and I'll do my best to see that you receive. :)

Upvote 0
I tried to play omaha beach now, before that i subscribed to this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=383161976

But as i joined the server, there was a message about package something.
And i couldnt join. It was on 29infantry server. Why i couldnt join?

edit: Aftet that, i couldnt play the game at all! Reinstalled it and i will try again.
But every time i run the game, it freezes and i was kicked.
Not even managed to go to server picking.
That happened only after i subscribed to those linked stuff.
Well, i wont do it again, that is for sure!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried to play omaha beach now, before that i subscribed to this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=383161976

But as i joined the server, there was a message about package something.
And i couldnt join. It was on 29infantry server. Why i couldnt join?

edit: Aftet that, i couldnt play the game at all! Reinstalled it and i will try again.
But every time i run the game, it freezes and i was kicked.
Not even managed to go to server picking.
That happened only after i subscribed to those linked stuff.
Well, i wont do it again, that is for sure!

That collection has a lot of things in it (easily over a gig of data), did you give the game time to download everything before you joined a game? If you need to delete it, go into the folder here:

Code:
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Published\

and delete the files

Upvote 0
is the shotgun going to hang around in HotW or do you guys have plans to ditch it? Omitting it would keep with realism but I don't know if that's possible as far as code and whatnot goes

It's possible to remove but shotguns are awesome. Why remove the ability to blast a nazi in the face? Or even better. As a german pick up a shotgun and start gunning down the Americans.

Upvote 0
:)

I guess the first and only question I would have is: "Were shotguns used on the western front by the US Army?" My guess would be perhaps in limited numbers, but not commonly issued. If they were there at all, then they should probably be included as a trench clearing tool. But I wouldn't expect to see them in many maps. It's up to the Dev to determine if there is a historic need for it's inclusion.

Upvote 0