• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Ogledow

To get Player Files

To get Player Files

[url]http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php/Red_Orchestra_2_Steam_Workshop[/URL]

With the introduction of the Steam Workshop to Red Orchestra 2, players now have a new way to browse, find, and subscribe to community created content that they like. There are two main ways to navigate to the Killing Floor part of the Workshop. From the Steam Library when Killing Floor is selected and by navigating directly to it from the Steam Community.

Or via the Red Orchestra 2 main menu with the "Steam Workshop" button

This will take you to a new menu which will allow you to play with existing and new workshop content, as well as having a link to browse the workshop itself from the in game overlay.
Once browsing the Red Orchestra 2 Workshop, players can use filters to narrow down the content they are looking for.

After a piece of content has been selected in the workshop, all the player needs to do is subscribe to the content to have it always available and updated. This is done with one click of the subscribe button

Players can also vote for and leave comments for the contents creators in the workshop

Downloading

After a player has subscribed to content that interests him, the next step is to launch the game. When the game is launched, it will check for new and updated subscriptions and download them. A message with the status of the current download will be displayed in the main menu.

Upvote 0
I got the player files from the Steam workshop,but by the time i joined the server the map was nearly finished.
The very effort of disconnecting from a server running a custom map,going into the Steam workshop,then finding and downloading the files from Steam takes longer than getting the files from a redirect, most players will just go to another server.
Can you make the player files available in the first post so that i can upload them to the redirect.

I think the idea with workshop is that you subscribe to custom maps, then when you start RO2 they download automatically, and you dont have to disconnect or redirect or anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the idea with workshop is that you subscribe to custom maps, then when you start RO2 they download automatically, and you dont have to disconnect or redirect or anything. Its my understanding that redirect is now a thing of the past.

What about all the people that only use Steam to play the game,they may never visit the workshop,or do anything else with Steam,unless the absolutely have to.
The redirect system works and players don't have to mess about with Steam at all, and they get the map within a few minutes,relying on people to think and do things for themselves has been proved to not work.
I consider myself pretty knowledgable when it comes to doing stuff like finding the map on Steam,but it took me more than 15mins. to figure out how to download the map using Steam.

Upvote 0
Update

Update

Updating Ogledow now to remove the now-unnecessary _Beta designation. From here on out, Steam Workshop will automatically keep you up to date.

Apologies to the server admins who went to the trouble of adding the early one; I didn't learn until after ward that the _B15 extension had to be removed.

The first post in this thread contains a link to the Ogledow Server Files package.

Upvote 0
Join us now on RGN server, its filling up and a great game going on.

:)

Whew. Finally got Ogledow to work as described.

I subscribed to the map content in STEAM WORKSHOP as Six_Ten described, and I added the map server files.

When I went into the Ogledow map on our server, there came first the refference page indicating a custom map; then I got bounced to our server greeting page; then finally I was popped into the choose team selection page. The map seemed to start fine at that point. :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AllowDownloads=true/false, refers only to the game server,it has nothing to do with the redirect, if you have a redirect server the client will always look there first when joining the server no matter what allowdownloads is set to.
Six_Ten did not release the player files,so you can not have them on the redirect to download in the first place.
The redirect can't interfere with the Steam Workshop download,since you have to be connected to a server for the redirect to work.
Players joining your server will either have them in the first place,go to the Steam workshop to get them,or they will not be able to play
It would have been better if Six_Ten had given us the player files to put on the redirect,but he hasn't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AllowDownloads=true/false, refers only to the game server,it has nothing to do with the redirect, if you have a redirect server the client will always look there first when joining the server no matter what allowdownloads is set to.
Six_Ten did not release the player files,so you can not have them on the redirect to download in the first place.
The redirect can't interfere with the Steam Workshop download,since you have to be connected to a server for the redirect to work.
Players joining your server will either have them in the first place,go to the Steam workshop to get them,or they will not be able to play
It would have been better if Six_Ten had given us the player files to put on the redirect,but he hasn't.

I'm uploading the player files now to my dropbox and I'll make them available to server admins for redirects.

Upvote 0

:confused: Hmmm. The moment I changed the setting all seemed well.
I didn't even remove the redirect statement. I guess I'd better go over this again.

Ok. I guess I see what happened. The .ini change had no effect. Since the Ogledow files were new and the name simplified, they were not in my redirect anyway. So the client went to the only place it could find the file which was
STEAM WORKSHOP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:confused: Hmmm. The moment I changed the setting all seemed well.
I didn't even remove the redirect statement. I guess I'd better go over this again.

Ok. I guess I see what happened. The .ini change had no effect. Since the Ogledow files were new and the name simplified, they were not in my redirect anyway. So the client went to the only place it could find the file which was
STEAM WORKSHOP.

I was just on RGN Server in Ogledow bit ago (60 players in game at the time, it was a blast) and Mike said he got redirect to work. Be sure to delete ALL old versions and get the latest, that does the trick.

Upvote 0