• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nvidia FleX Thoughts

Thing is, in Borderlands 2 you can have tons of liquids and particles flying around with Physx turned on, with only a small hit to performance, in KF2 it's utterly killing my 2x 980 GTXs in SLI, both games use the same engine (unreal 3) so I think they could optimise it a bit in KF2

Borderlands uses PhysX (not FleX) KF2 uses both. It is not the same. The tech in Borderlands contributed to the tech in FleX, but this is a new thing. This is the first game with it, says NVIDIA. If you have 2 980's something is going wrong. In our circle of players, with 780's to 980's it runs fine. BTW, SLI doesn't do much of anything good, in most circumstances.

Upvote 0
Just put the patch on! so great BUT:D... when fire bug put fire enverywhere game crash frequantly (nvidia pilote crash):(. I drop the graphic to hight no AA in 1080p. when play normaly 120fps but fire heavly drop my fps to 60 or 30. don't no if the probleme is the patch not optimased for sli config?

Specs:
2x gigabyte gtx 980 oc (watercoll)
32 gb ram 2400
i7-4790k oc 4.2Ghz

got all last nvidia driver

Upvote 0
I Had performance issues with the beta, and updating to the lastest Nvidia driver fixed most of them. I am running on ultras with FLEX turned to full. Granted it does drop to about 30FPS when **** hits the fan, but most of the time its fluid and beautiful.

I5-4690
8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
GTX 970
Windows 10 Pro

Ive got a GTX 770 on its way to me which im going to try some experiments with. Ill do a whole article on performance tuning for KF2, and seeing if using a dedicated GPU as a PPU makes a difference.

The Latest Nvidia driver is 355.60

If in doubt, UPDATE!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thing is, in Borderlands 2 you can have tons of liquids and particles flying around with Physx turned on, with only a small hit to performance

Are you for real? Borderlands 2 Physx's were crap. I had 670 at the time and IIRC, it was one of the cards that was advertised for the game solely because of PhysX. Still to this day I can't run it without heavily dropping frames with my 970, Gearbox has never even cared to fix it either.

Back on topic, I'll update my experience with it tomorrow once I download the update. Seeing as many of you folks are using Intel CPU's, it'd be interesting to see how it pales out.

GTX 970
FX 8120
8GB RAM
Win 7 Ultimate 64

Upvote 0
Been messing around with graphics settings on my GTX980. Fluids are far too costly to performance for what they are. The fluids remind me of Borderlands 2 and look very cartoonish. The gibs are great though and really add to the fun factor.

Running everything on Ultra with both gibs are fluids I'm getting really significant frame drops down to 20-40fps (normally 80-120fps), which is close to unplayable for this type of game. With just gibs, it's more like 40-60fps for intense action, which is acceptable though not ideal. Obviously, turning down other settings helps (especially HBAO, realtime reflections, etc), but for now I will just stick to gibs.

I'm hoping that there will some performance improvement with further optimisation and better drivers.

Upvote 0
its impossible to use these new FleX system.
If you activate "Gibs only", you automaticly lose like 40fps.
The "Gibs and Fluids" option is almost impossible to use, or you want to play with constantly 30-40fps a fast-action-skill-based game.
It needs indeed some improvements!
Edit: im using EVGA 970 oc version

Upvote 0
its impossible to use these new FleX system.
If you activate "Gibs only", you automaticly lose like 40fps.
The "Gibs and Fluids" option is almost impossible to use, or you want to play with constantly 30-40fps a fast-action-skill-based game.
It needs indeed some improvements!
Edit: im using EVGA 970 oc version

Did you update your graphic drivers? Do you have low RAM or a slow cpu? I'm running a 970 with gibs and fluids on ultra and it's fine.

Upvote 0