• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Normal difficulty and Flesh Pound

Too many times someone sees a Flesh Pound and opens fire without even alerting anyone. They just see it and panic, not realizing that shooting is going to make things worse, not better.

When I see a flesh pound, I alert my team and begin carefully killing the other specimens in the area so that everyone has some room to move around.

And having someone with a LAW helps big time...

Upvote 0
Man i hate those things so much. Earlier when i was playing i dont know if the server was set up this way or if it was just a bug but the server spawned about 15 of those things on the last part of a wave. Most of us died except one guy who ran around with them chasing him till he finally died.

Upvote 0
You can kill a Fleshpound by yourself in normal difficulty with only two close-range alt-fire blasts from the hunting shotgun. Granted, this is with Support level 2, but even if you have a different Perk (or a lower level), as long as you're in a team the others should have done enough damage to the thing that it'll die on your second blast anyway, before it even gets near you.

Upvote 0
When i was playing the evil santas lair, i saw a christmas bloat attacking a nutpound, it was funny, cuz the bloat knocked the fleshpound on his rump:)

Scrake/ FP fights are fun to watch too.

Team composition can definitely help. I was playing a pub game of Departed set on Hard difficulty. I knew the team would end up wiping during one of the FP rounds because we had 4 berserkers (levels 6/ 4/ 2/ 0). >_> We somehow made it to round 8 and then all died in a fire. But I got tons of damage points for my level 5 commando, so I guess it was worth it.

If there are more than two of any given perk, it's probably a good idea to see if anyone can switch, including you.

Upvote 0
I really don't see Fleshpounds as that dangerous on Normal. I've been playing medic alot lately as I have every perk but Berserker at level 6, which berserker is a 5. I'll just get in it's way and chip away with the axe to the head and alt fires. Might take 8 - 10 shots like that, but I can usually get a FP down by myself with only losing half armor and saving others from getting grinded into bits. Being a meat shield for scrakes and Fleshpounds as medic while your team kills them is one of the best tools as a medic to me.

Upvote 0
I have played this game for 7 hours now and every single 7 wave normal difficulty map has ended to Flesh Pounds raping us in 6th or 7th wave. They are way too overpowered at that difficulty level. Enemy that can take 20+ shotgun blasts and kill you in 2 seconds is way too much. Killing it with 6 men team takes more time than it takes for him to kill one or two of us and then another one spawns and finishes the job.

Firstly welcome to the game, and congrats on making such a wise investment :)

What you may find with Killing Floor is it is your first few levels will be quite rough. The learning kurb is steep and as you progress to higher and higher difficulties the more you are punished for mistakes. What works on one difficulty may not work on another.

For a normal fleshpound here are a few tips you might find useful: -
- The Fleshpound is resistant to small arms, fire and bullets, but weak against explosives. Stacked grenades and pipebombs are its kryptonite and the LAW is pretty beastly against them too.
- Its head health is substantially lower than its body health, if everyone aims for the head then they are more likely to decap it and kill it.
- It will rage once it takes a certain amount of damage in a certain time frame. Knowing when it will rage is valuable knowledge. It will stand still for a second and wind itself up giving you a clear shot with your chosen weapon.
- Weapons that are good against it include: Xbow, LAW, Pipe Bomb, M14, M32, M79 (when stacked with grenades), AA12, Hunting Shotgun, grenades in general.

Essentially you want to always be in control of when he rages and be ready to unload on him when he does. Above all dude practise. There is way more fun to be had when you get to the Patriarch :)

Upvote 0
I actually got surprised when I got killed by Flesh Pounder as level 6 Sharpshooter on normal difficulty.

This update is real deal. I strongly suggest to new players to stick together during 6+ waves. You need at least 3 guys to take down FP efficiently. Image him as of Tank from L4D.

If there will be constant fire on Flesh Pounder by 3 players by tier3 weapons (M14 in head, Scar/AK, M32/LAW, AA12) Flesh Pounder won't stand a chance.

Again, stay close to teammates, watch each others backs and concentrate fire on FP/scrakes.

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
sorry for bumping an old thread but this is funny as shiat.

dude i beat maps on hell on earth solo and you saying normal is hard? el oh els.
Uncalled for. You are not allowed to swing your e-peen around just because you have played and won in HoE. I congratulate you on your victory, but you might want to remember that at one point, you had just as much trouble as he did.

@OP: Everything that can be said has been said, except - body-blocking. This is where someone physically stands in front of the Fleshpound to keep it from getting too far into the group. Yes, you will take damage, but you can take 2 hits from a raged FP (4 with 100% armour, non-medic) on Normal before dying. If 1 or 2 of you take 1 or 2 hits each, it should provide the rest of the team with an extra few seconds and (more important) an extra few yards to kill that Pound.

Upvote 0
I'll echo what some of the (much) earlier posters made mention of, namely, there is a pretty big gap in gameplay between Beginner and Normal. And, it isn't just a matter of how durable the specimens are, or the amount of damage they do. (You can have two crawlers nibbling on your leg in Beginner and almost not realize it.) I think the biggest hurdle for the new players is the change in the economy.

I recall that even after indulging in all manner of extravagant weapons, and being exceedingly generous in outfitting latecomers with cash, you can still find yourself filthy, stinking rich, (+

Upvote 0