• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No one playing Countdown and Classic modes

You have got to be kidding me on BF3 (won't comment on CoD because last one I played was MW2 and that was very casually for about 3 days). The amount of time it takes to get those class specific items is about 10 minutes of playing in CQB map or 20 minutes on larger open maps.

Or half a week to one full week in my real time of working, family, etc..... regardless, it's stupid to have any sort of restriction on a class by not allowing you to have their basic load outs at the start.

And people b*tched about RO2 not giving you a bayonet right off the bat? The way BF treats its classes, it'd be like picking the AT Class in RO2, but all you have is a pistol and you have to run around killing people for god knows how long before they throw you a bone and give you one AT Grenade.... the AT Rifle comes at level 20.

What's the point of being the medic class when you can't operate like a medic and are forced to play a mindless run & gunner until the game thinks you're worthy enough to toss a medic kit on the ground to magically heal your team mates?

10-20 minutes? I played at least three full conquest matches each day when I bought the game and didn't start to get those basic unlocks until near the end of a week of playing.

Of course after about a month of playing BFBC2 (my last BF experience) I just uninstalled the game and never looked back... replayability was crap and the progression system was just like BF2's..... the worst grind fest I've ever experienced.

Are you really saying taking one hour to unlock mostly non-combat (stuff that won't help you kill the other guy faster) class utilities is somehow more detrimental than giving veteran players 20% better reload speed, sway reduction, ADS speed, recoil reduction, deployment with 5% stam/speed and 19% suppression resist?

Yes... especially those BF level 50 guys all have the body armour so they can take more shots and mag rounds so they can take you down with less, with their unlocked uber weapons vs. your basic starting off weapons.... and considering those basic things you have to grind for to unlock give you additional points for using them (which you can't cuz you don't have them)..... and how the Engineer gets AT Mines, RPG, etc....

... It's all far worse than someone having some screen blur not occur as often (suppression resist) which doesn't actually stop them from shooting and killing you.

Regardless of those trivial boosts in RO2, I as a level 98 can still be shot and killed with one well placed shot by some rookie player using any given weapon in the game and I don't have body armour to allow me to take several head shots while I drop you with one round to the leg with my mag rounds. :rolleyes:

Nobody said hero class with level 50 gun was some sort of unstoppable killing machine... but in FPS that 5 ~ 20% direct improvement (zero trade off, your veteran avatar is just superior in every single way) is a complete joke.

Well maybe when I get bored of being a high level, I'll reset my stats and prove you wrong.... but until then, I have more important things to do, like continuing to level all my weapons and get the rest of my classes set to hero. :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nobody said hero class with level 50 gun was some sort of unstoppable killing machine... but in FPS that 5 ~ 20% direct improvement (zero trade off, your veteran avatar is just superior in every single way) is a complete joke.

Yep. It amuses me how a lot of defenders of the leveling act all apologetic saying it's 'only minor' or 'hey, it's not so bad as in BF!', as if they admit the leveling is a bad thing. Hmm, yes. Somehow afraid to simply conclude it's just not right for RO?

Most times I see these servers come up as "Customized" so I have no clue what I'm joining into.... is it more like Realism or is it more like Classic?

I have no idea until I join and notice the changes.

Same with the community maps.... they just pop up as "Custom Map" when loading into the server.

Since RO2 has so many customizable things for server admins, it needs more detail provided to the player.

A simple call out window when mousing over the server in the list, or right-clicking and checking "Details" for a specific server should bring up a new window showing check marks or a bar gauge for certain things.

Upvote 0
What's the point of being the medic class when you can't operate like a medic and are forced to play a mindless run & gunner until the game thinks you're worthy enough to toss a medic kit on the ground to magically heal your team mates?

Medic starts with med kit in BF3.

10-20 minutes? I played at least three full conquest matches each day when I bought the game and didn't start to get those basic unlocks until near the end of a week of playing.

It takes 4000 points to unlock the first item for each class, which is the class utility item... according to the stats, I get 843.458 scores per minute. I'll be generous and say... 400 scores per minute. Bam, 10 minutes you got that gear.

Even in BC2 wtf were you doing? It takes 1400 (1200 for assault, 1000 for engineer and recon has all the gadgets from the start) points to unlock and scoring system was about half of BF3 so... it was unlocked even faster? To get the basic unlocks in 21+ full games would mean that your average score per game was 3600/21= 171.5, meaning you killed less than 4 ppl per match in a game where people are dying every other second.

Here is the scoring system to show you how absurd it is to average 171.5 scores per full length match.

http://www.mlwgames.com/badcompany2/multiplayer-scoring

Yes... especially those BF level 50 guys all have the body armour so they can take more shots and mag rounds so they can take you down with less, with their unlocked uber weapons vs. your basic starting off weapons.... and considering those basic things you have to grind for to unlock give you additional points for using them (which you can't cuz you don't have them)..... and how the Engineer gets AT Mines, RPG, etc....

In BF3 there is no body armor to unlock, no mag round (only shotguns get different round), closest thing to an uber weapon is the starting weapon (M16A3) but there has been lot of balance fix so there are few bad guns but otherwise it's more of playstyle trade offs, engineer starts off with RPG (even in BC2).

BC2 body armor and magnum ammo are unlocked around level 15, and you can only have one of them equipped because they share the perk slot.

Of course after about a month of playing BFBC2 (my last BF experience) I just uninstalled the game and never looked back... replayability was crap and the progression system was just like BF2's..... the worst grind fest I've ever experienced.

I see that you didn't play BF3, but your memory of BC2 is still extremely exaggerated or just wrong.

I'll reset my stats and prove you wrong

Prove me wrong in what? That 20% improvement in gun control with upgraded features with 5% better movement and 20 resistance to suppression is not important?

Try convincing clans to play competitively with one team having no upgrade and other team maxed out. Some weapons like MG34 and PPSH changes in functionality so much it's ridiculous what newbies has to deal with while veterans get a weapon that's not even in the same class.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Every time I see the claim that CQB ruins Red Orchestra-style combat, I have to disagree. I think that CQB can add a whole different kind of tension to RO firefights--as long as the level is designed correctly.

There are two rules, in my opinion:
--spawn times and running distance to the objectives from spawn must both be long.
--the fighting area must be sufficiently large to avoid bottlenecks.

Add additional paths of entry and movement by making more buildings, windows, and doorways accessible, lengthen the distance from spawn, and make sure spawn waves are suitably timed, and suddenly CQB shifts from mad run-and-gun and nade-spam to cautious room-clearing.

Back on topic--keep playing Classic, gentlemen. Find a full server, even if it's the only one with players, and it feels like Classic is the only mode around. :cool:

I agree, and this is something that still is missing in Classic and RO2 in general. The map design (all vanilla maps) are horrible from ROOST point of view and it's very obvious that they have been streamlined a lot. Cover is very conveniently placed, spawn points is as you said to close to Mainspawn, and the maps are really small for even for CQC - definitely not constructed for 64 players. More over the maps have more defined paths with a warning system that effectively punish anyone who is outside of the defined combat area.

EDIT: A lot of the vanilla maps in OST had room for both CQC, long range combat, and tank combat.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
Every time I see the claim that CQB ruins Red Orchestra-style combat, I have to disagree. I think that CQB can add a whole different kind of tension to RO firefights--as long as the level is designed correctly.
That's the axis of the problem; they rarely are.

LMG operators and marksmen have few good spots to find and eliminate targets from, making them easy to be killed as people know where they'll appear as number of "good spots" is limited, leading to... camping. You camp in a single spot from the moment you take it to the moment you die because it's hard to find second as good spot on the map. A few guys might recognize me from Apartments as MG operator - I take such spots as others are more dangerous or less profitable.

Engagement ranges on the stock maps are so short they often place snipers in a worse position than regular rifleman as they have wider field of view while ADSing, meaning their situational awerness is somewhat bigger. On so short combat ranges even submachine gun can outshoot rifleman (it depends on the target, though: easier to hit full-sized human target rather than small head). Riflemen shine on maps where combat engagement is longer: 150 is minimum.

Another problem is no cover from the guys behind you. From many reasons. Often they don't see the target as it's concealed. Sometimes map is designed in a way it favors the defenders hugely (like objective A of the Red October Factory, making it a meatgrinder). Sometimes they don't care but lack of general teamwork (and by that I include covering fire or a few people being in the same place at the same time) results in heavy losses as the guy charging dies and has to move all the way from his spawn to the front. I made a rule: I don't move up if I don't see other people covering my approach or moving alongside of me. It simply doesn't make sense as anyone can shoot me when I'll traverse the unknown ground. It's much better to simply hold the line until the back up arrives and maybe kill a few people who'll try to push the line one side or the other. With stamina and speed of Classic movement is pain and it makes attacking way harder and that's why attackers fail in Classic more often than in Realism.

The truth was that the bombarded city was a pain for the tanks to move through as soldiers could use rubble to make ambushes on enemy tanks, terrain was hard to move through, favoring the defenders and making roads sometimes impassable for the tanks. In some passages tank couldn't use it turret as they were too narrow and so on and on...

In game tanks are very hard to be destroyed as they use turret gun and aimbot hullgunner - you can't approach from the front and you can't approach from the side turret gunner can see you. Rear is blocked by the enemy and there is literally no other way you can approach it. A "well placed" tank is next to impossible to be destroyed and it respawns so fast you simply don't have enough time to be prepared for it. How am I supposed, as an engineer, to destroy the tank if I have only two satchels and I can't run back to the ammo depot as I'll get a bullet in the back? If by accident you happen to be near enemy tank as a regular infantryman you don't have the molotov coctail to try and damage it a bit. Lack of good spots (detailed in the first point) also doesn't help the AT-rifle teams as they can't hit vurneable parts of the tank...

Cover is very conveniently placed, spawn points is as you said to close to Mainspawn, and the maps are really small for even for CQC - definitely not constructed for 64 players.
There is not enough cover. You'd know that if you'd play more. It's really hard to run to this "very conveniently placed cover" in Classic without dying... Stamina adds to it. Spawn points are far enough in Classic to make running all the way to the front line very troublesome, especially when enemy isn't deal with and still overlook the way between spawnpoint and the next objective. Answer me; if cover is so very conveniently placed then why I saw more times attackers failing in Classic than in Realism? From what you say it's the attackers who should have the upper hand but that's not what I experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Medic starts with med kit in BF3.

It takes 4000 points to unlock the first item for each class, which is the class utility item... according to the stats, I get 843.458 scores per minute. I'll be generous and say... 400 scores per minute. Bam, 10 minutes you got that gear.

Even in BC2 wtf were you doing? It takes 1400 (1200 for assault, 1000 for engineer and recon has all the gadgets from the start) points to unlock and scoring system was about half of BF3 so... it was unlocked even faster? To get the basic unlocks in 21+ full games would mean that your average score per game was 3600/21= 171.5, meaning you killed less than 4 ppl per match in a game where people are dying every other second.

Here is the scoring system to show you how absurd it is to average 171.5 scores per full length match.

http://www.mlwgames.com/badcompany2/multiplayer-scoring

In BF3 there is no body armor to unlock, no mag round (only shotguns get different round), closest thing to an uber weapon is the starting weapon (M16A3) but there has been lot of balance fix so there are few bad guns but otherwise it's more of playstyle trade offs, engineer starts off with RPG (even in BC2).

BC2 body armor and magnum ammo are unlocked around level 15, and you can only have one of them equipped because they share the perk slot.

I see that you didn't play BF3, but your memory of BC2 is still extremely exaggerated or just wrong.

I honestly don't give two dried up craps about BF, so I'm not going to dabble further into this argument. Yes, you're correct, I never played BF3, nor will I ever. I played BF2 and hated it and I played BFBC2 and hated it.... I also have the Vietnam add on which I never touched because I imagine it's much the same as BFBC2... and BF3 is just the same thing but with more bloom and jets.

If you like the BF series, all the power to you.. it doesn't make you any more or less.... whatever.... but I don't like the series, have been burned by buying two games out of that series and hated both, why would I bother buying yet another over priced game I won't enjoy?

"Even in BC2 wtf were you doing? It takes 1400 (1200 for assault, 1000 for engineer and recon has all the gadgets from the start)"

What I was doing was also spending half the time having the game crash on me (thus losing most of my progression and having to start again) and me online with EA Support to get the damn thing to work properly, as well as getting the additional content I paid for in the game as promised.

Prove me wrong in what? That 20% improvement in gun control with upgraded features with 5% better movement and 20 resistance to suppression is not important?

Indeed... having a more intensive suppression effect go off when I am being fired at doesn't make me want to take cover more than having little suppression occur and still hearing the bullets wizz by my head. I never needed a suppression system ever and never really cared for the system in the first place, as I already know well enough to keep my head down when being shot at.... I don't need a computer simulated effect to make my character flinch around and get all blurry eyed.

If I reset my stats back to the start, or if I keep my stats the same as they are now, I won't notice any significant difference.... I don't notice the difference when I play Classic Servers (when I do play on them anyways) and when I play on Realism Servers.... and I've been killed plenty of times by many players who were many levels below me.

Try convincing clans to play competitively with one team having no upgrade and other team maxed out.

#1 I don't care about clans and think they're a waste of time, thus I'm not going to waste my time trying to debate with clan folk to enjoy something they may or may not like.

#2 what are the statistical odds that you'll ever come across a clan that is all maxed out and another clan with zero progression at all? Did one of those clans just suddenly get a group of people together, they all purchased the game at the same time and they all just blindly challenged an older clan right off the bat with no experience in the game whatsoever?

Yeah, I wonder which clan would lose the entire time?

Would I think they lost miserably due to having little to no progression in any of their players? No.... They lost because they obviously know little about the game and haven't played it much, and most certainly not to the same extent as the other clan that has higher progression.

Some weapons like MG34 and PPSH changes in functionality so much it's ridiculous what newbies has to deal with while veterans get a weapon that's not even in the same class.

Oh ffs.... you guys get sick and tired of people like me defending the system.... well I'm pretty sick and tired of you guys complaining about this or that not being a carbon copy of what someone else may have and thus, they have some magically huge advantage over them.

It's always the MKB42 or the MG34 or the PPSH being used as the evil examples of DooM and total unfairness.

I have a level 40'ish MG34 with Dual Drum..... yet the majority of the time, I choose the DP28 which is somewhere around level 28 or 30.... and most of the time, I out gun the guy with the Uber MG34.

I have a level 50 PPSH, but I usually choose the semi autos or the MP40-II.... sometimes I even pick the regular MP40 just for the hell of it.

Point being, is that it's not what you are using, it's how you use it. I've gone up against a Commander with a level 50 PPSH spraying and praying with my mere level 12 P38 Pistol and took him out more often than he took me out.

Him having a higher level in honor or a higher level in weapons matters very little when you have the superior tactics and know-how.

That's why I'm not all that concerned with resetting my stats because I don't rely on my stats to keep me alive and to do well in the game.

The only reason why I won't reset my stats just yet is because there are many other weapon unlocks I wish to try first and resetting my stats will only mean I have to start over again and might be able to try those unlocks in another year's time.

If Unranked Servers (regardless of their game mode) actually had all unlocks, unlocked.... I imagine myself and many many other players would play on those servers.... because you don't have to worry about leveling or progression, yet everything would be available to everyone to try / use, regardless of their level.

^ I've been suggesting this for a while now and I think it's something that would be very good for the game, as well as unranked servers & the community.

But right now, there's no real incentive for anybody to play on unranked servers when they can spend time on ranked servers to progress their levels.... even if they don't like the progression system.

Upvote 0
Since RO2 has so many customizable things for server admins, it needs more detail provided to the player.

A simple call out window when mousing over the server in the list, or right-clicking and checking "Details" for a specific server should bring up a new window showing check marks or a bar gauge for certain things.

• Crosshairs √
• Stamina Level ---*--
• Recoil Level --*---
• Minimap On √
• Compass On X
• Spawn on SL On √
• Enemy Class Load Out On √
• Leveling/Stats Progression On √
• Level Affected Weapons On √

And so on..... ^ This would give the player a hell of a lot more information to go by rather than "Custom Server"

Completely, absolutely, 100%, totally agreed. Make it a suggestions post, because I'd have thought this would have gone without thinking.

Add:
Classic Loadout On/Off
Weapon Handling Realistic/Classic

and we're good to go.

Also completely agree that a 20% boost to your stats does not make you invincible. Killed plenty of fully leveled "Heroes". They're mortal like any other player. My personal preference for Classic is based on other reasons.

The progression system does do some weird things to gameplay, though. Sometimes there won't be a single supporting tank on Fallen Fighters or Pavlov's House, and I have a hunch that's because you can't level tank classes and so people would rather prefer to play a role they gain experience with.

That's the axis of the problem; they rarely are.

In game tanks are very hard to be destroyed as they use turret gun and aimbot hullgunner - you can't approach from the front and you can't approach from the side turret gunner can see you. Rear is blocked by the enemy and there is literally no other way you can approach it. A "well placed" tank is next to impossible to be destroyed and it respawns so fast you simply don't have enough time to be prepared for it. How am I supposed, as an engineer, to destroy the tank if I have only two satchels and I can't run back to the ammo depot as I'll get a bullet in the back?

I'm curious to see how much better Apartments would play if you made ALL the buildings accessible. That would open up so many more routes and dilute the player concentration considerably.

One change that I absolutely know would benefit Apartments is if the spawns were somehow placed farther back (would require extending the map area) by about 50m each in all cases.

As for tanks, I play Engineer very very often, and I have to say the Hull MG is much better. I also don't find it too hard to sneak up on even a well-placed tank--generally it's the supporting infantry that kill me, not the tank itself. A satchel will do the job just as well as an AT grenade, as well.

That said, there are times when your friendly tank just simply has to destroy the enemy tank. That's when you pray you have a good tanker.:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Him having a higher level in honor or a higher level in weapons matters very little when you have the superior tactics and know-how.
So? That's not an valid argument. What if you both have the same level of tactics and know-how?
You're argumenting the harm of leveling is not so great. How about argumenting the inclusion of leveling is justified and has benefits? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So? That's not an valid argument. What if you both have the same level of tactics and know-how?
You're argumenting the harm of leveling is not so great. How about argumenting the inclusion of leveling is justified and has benefits? :)

You may not like leveling, and well, I don't blame you.

I'm not a huge fan either.

The argument that Praxius makes (that perks do not change game play that much) is valid when augmented with the following:

The benefits perks provide the game can be summarised in 3 words: Higher player count.

Perks and unlocks give people a reason to play. More people play RO2 than ever played RO1.

Far from harming the community, RO2 has helped RO become bigger than ever.

That in my eyes is a good thing.

Perks and unlocks have helped in that regard without detracting from gameplay. And hell, I like that my Hero rifleman class has less suppression and more stamina :D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You may not like leveling, and well, I don't blame you.

I'm not a huge fan either.

The argument that Praxius makes (that perks do not change game play that much) is valid when augmented with the following:

The benefits perks provide the game can be summarised in 3 words: Higher player count.

Perks and unlocks give people a reason to play. More people play RO2 than ever played RO1.

That in my eyes is a good thing.

Perks and unlocks have helped in that regard without detracting from gameplay. And hell, I like that my Hero rifleman class has less suppression and more stamina :D.

Well, shrug, I guess we'll never know how many players were gained (or lost!) by the leveling system. I still hate it. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

That is not correct!

If anything it is the contrary. All those servers populated by 2 or 3 people and 20 bots. People mostly grinding, receiving easy kills and XP pts as fast as they can.

Taken minutes ago:
2012-08-22_00002.jpg

The player count of people online is arguably ''higher''. Arguably, because we cannot measure the abysmal damage done by the presence of the progression system and unlocks made to this game to date.

But the numbers of players actually playing Red Orchestra 2's Multiplayer, the way it was supposed to be played, is grossly lower. Because all those people could group on specific servers, filling them up instead of spreading up, and having a good time.

There is no other probable cause as why they choose not to do so. The game has antilag now, and enabled in the majority of servers.

Perks and unlocks have helped in that regard without detracting from gameplay.

They have not! They are the number one detraction to gameplay in Red Orchestra 2.

And hell, I like that my Hero rifleman class has less suppression and more stamina :D.

Of course you like. But the rookie player with level 0 hates that! And hence he has to grind like hell to become just like you.

But why? Why not just give him everything and make a game that actually plays fun. Because if you do that and the grinding ends. The game shows it's true colors:
Spoiler!

Yes, we are playing Call of Orchestra: Red Duty, but with BOTS!

Don't believe me? I have killed bots enough my self, just to get over with the leveling and try and play without caring about the bloody thing.

And now I find myself removing needless unlocks like the MP40/II and sometimes scopes and bayonets just for the hell of it.

Upvote 0

Maybe my memory is failing me, but the actual number of people playing ROHOS (at any one time) is about the same as the first year or two of ROOST if you disregard ROHOS's initial release players which quickly dropped off.

Are you thinking of ROOST's numbers four or five years after the game had been out???

Even if I am wrong, the difference is fairly insignificant, that I'm sure of.

Upvote 0
Taken from the game just now:

People Online RO2: 974
People Playing: 738
People Playing in servers with more than 6 players: 653
People Playing in servers with less than 6 players: 85

85 = 13%

I'd say those are 85 players going to waste. Because of Progression/Unlocks.

Of course, if Progression/Unlocks were suddenly magically taken out of RO2. Most players that are currently playing would just shut down the game in anger. But assuming that Progression/Unlocks had never existed in their memories... Is fair to say those 85 players would probably be playing RO2 instead of playing Whac-A-Bot.

And what is also fair to say is that a great many players who left RO2 would probably have felt greatly inclined to play RO2, instead of leaving it, if the game had no Progression/Unlocks, or a at least a better system, designed to fit RO2 better, and not hurt its gameplay and its motive so much.

Now.. Is this to suggest that RO2 should simply loose it's Progression/Unlocks system? Not quite. But RO2 would see better days if it turned in a direction that made it less of a ''grind all you can'' game.

You can't also just give everything and all unlocks to everyone, because that simply would be a nightmare. Or would make people flock to Classic servers haha! That'd be nice.

One thing certainly suggested by all this is that RO3 should probably stray away from Progression/Unlocks. Or at least do them in a less hurtfull way.

Sidegrades instead of Upgrades, accessories, helmets, medals, accolades, clothing etc..

And also keep the Loadout more clean of prototypes and such. It'd be cool if the game had a stance like this: ''Great! You've unlocked the mighty MKb42! Well done! - Now you are able to use it in maps that are situated after the Battle of Stalingrad! For maps inside Stalingrad, the server will have it Off by default.''

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I honestly don't give two dried up craps about BF, so I'm not going to dabble further into this argument.

Then don't bring up (yeah you brought up BF series) lies about other franchises you don't know squat about.

That's an impossibility in the world of Cpt-Praxius.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But assuming that Progression/Unlocks had never existed in their memories... Is fair to say those 85 players would probably be playing RO2 instead of playing Whac-A-Bot.
An unlikely assumption, IMO. I don't see any particular reason to think that people seeking out bot-majority games are doing it for any reason except that they want to. The difference in progression between a bot game and a human game isn't all that large, and the progression system is a very weak carrot to begin with. It's just as plausible that these people would be in a single-player skirmish mode, if it didn't require console commands to get to (and a hefty performance hit, for that matter)

For instance, look at something like Starcraft 2. No progression system at all, and the most fair matchmaking system that anyone's ever made for a multiplayer game. There's still a significant part of the player base that spends the majority of their time playing AI. Some people just prefer the known quantity.

Upvote 0
Again, yes, it was all an assumption.

The difference in progression between a bot game and a human game isn't all that large

In fact it is. I would have never gotten my 2500+ kills for the TT-33 LVL 50 in a human game. Bots simply make too good a target vs Humans. They don't shoot back well enough. Even capping for the XP is possible.

For instance, look at something like Starcraft 2. No progression system at all, and the most fair matchmaking system that anyone's ever made for a multiplayer game. There's still a significant part of the player base that spends the majority of their time playing AI. Some people just prefer the known quantity.

Yes but, I suppose the reason why is clear. Starcraft 2 has a AI worthy of playing with, I assume, never played myself. Mostly to learn the game itself and become better vs humans, or maybe because the game is satisfactory enough vs the AI. Like Arma II, not even counting the campaing. But only the Armory's random little missions.

At the other end. RO's AI is just a filler. We mostly play the SP Campaing to say that we did. There is hardly any fun gained by playing against the AI in RO2, specially the AI in the 1 difficulty.

Those people in bot populated servers are there to kill bots. Once they have nothing left to unlock or progress, they will not fight bots anymore. That much is clear.

Upvote 0
People don't play Classic because there's no-one playing Classic. Whut. I look at the server browser every now and then to see how Classic is doing and spot two or so Classic servers with a decent amount of folk in them, 20 to 64. An awefull lot of ghosts playing RO2 if no-one is playing Classic. Sure it's not as popular as Realism, but to flat out say that no-one plays it is not accurate.

Countdown, well, yeah. Very rarley see a server running it, even then, one / two people on it. Although you do see a few Clan servers, locked, with their clan members on, playing CD.

Upvote 0