• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

News Flash! RO2 Interview + some new footage!

I dont want the silencers at all. Stalingrad wasn't some stealth ****. It realy makes the game look ridiculous.
So you honestly say that they would not use 'supressors' when clearing out apartment blocks during low light or during Sewer fighting? As for a lack of "stealth", you have to be kidding as the Russians were infamous for taking out squads (even whole buildings) without the Germans knowing. Although they did it with melee rather than mass silenced pistols and lets be honest if there was the option to use a knife/spade (or even some wire) that would cause far more of a **** storm than the current silenced Nagant...

I think people are just offended because that other game has silenced weapons and to everyone here its guilt by association. Its going to make the pistol worse not many people are going to use it and unless the average RO2 player is retarded its gonna be a pretty rare sight after a few weeks once the novelty wears off...

Reactions: LordKhaine
Upvote 0
Stuff by Rez

Yep, Rez. You bring a really valid point, specially with the 50 players server problem a few years ago :eek:

And my post was directed to the arguing that almost fell into trolling in the last days. You smashed my popcorn example without mercy hahahaha

Remember English is not my first language, and sometimes I can't express and idea as faithfully as I would like xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My main concern is what the bulk of the population will decide to consistently play after the first 3 months or so. It's easy to say 'just dont play on servers with all the stuff enabled'.. but it doesnt actually work like that.

An example of what I'm talking about is when 50 player servers hit the scene for Ost. A lot of us didn't like how the game played out with that many people on maps not originally designed for such numbers, but we had no choice but to play on the 50's because the bulk of the population decided that's where they were going to play. You simply couldnt get a normal 32 player game anywhere else after a time.

So, 3 to 6 months into the life of RO2 I think you will be able to see where most of the games will be played, as certain servers will have consistently high numbers and others will either remain empty or struggle to get full games going. Then you will see whether relaxed realism will or will not become the gametype you're forced to play.

(and for those who will come in and say you arent 'forced' to play anything, to that I will say you can't really have a game by yourself can you? A server with 6 total people doesnt make a good game (I'm just using a low number as an example). People go where the highest numbers of other players are and that will remain true with RO2 as well. Seeding a server, especially with so many different game modes wont be very successful.)

This is exactly how I feel, I am not going to be able to play the game until a couple of months after release and I fear that the only full servers will be these fluff servers.

Upvote 0
Maybe these are all valid concerns.
Maybe not.

But what i'm most sure about is that ro2 will turn out to be like ro1 has. I'd say ro1 is currently at a great playable state at full server capacity. So why wouldn't ro2 turn out to be the same, if not better?

Mind you, most of the posts in this thread was a tl;dr for me.
But i get the jist of it, some of you are worried about something not living up to the standards of the old 32 player servers of ro1.
Really can't say if thats a valid concern or not.

Givin the popularity of the ro2 before it is even released, and trusting that ro2 is anywhere near the quality of ro1, i don't see why there wouldnt be a large variety of server choices even in the years to come after release.

Edit: Theres always the option of crossing that bridge when we come to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
People have a right to show concern, to voice an opinion, or even speculate.. and it's should be no suprise when some people feel a little alienated. Personally I'm not feeling fully alienated at this point, but my main concern still exists about how the server landscape will develop over time given all of the new variables.

its happened in the past and it will happen a again .. whatever the main compition ladders / tournys will set up the server config. on what Cvars will be on, off ect. and thats were the most popcorn will be eaten.
^^ thats just the way it is

this whole hate on the COD player is getting a bit old and kind of sad really as someone else pointed out. many great players, clans, and mod makers have come from COD. aswell as just some all around nice guys like rudedog at fpsadmin.com. sure COD has a ton of twits running around but the ban hammer still seems to work pretty good.

i worry about the cod crowd coming over aswell. but honestly the way this forum has been acting makes a COD pub server sound kind of peaceful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Then don't play on servers which have them enabled.

I am not going to spend $39.99 to buy a game just to be segregated to joining only certain types of servers that will eventually end up being abandoned in favor of BOOM MkB HEADSHOT servers leaving these certain types of servers populated only by bots.

Because its soooo cool man! You can sneak up behind the Nazis and be like BOOM ARMSHOT!
You are joking right? This game is turning into Enemy Territory (ET). All that is needed now is the most powerful "hero" on the map should have double silenced pistols like in ET. That would be soooooo super cool it would be cold.

Moyako said:
If TWI throws laz0rs and lightsabers into RO2 to get better sales...
I would buy something from Lucasarts instead.

I enjoy how realism kiddies think that, because they haven't heard of it, it doesn't exist.
Ok then. Start a nice thread about adding other obscure "sooo cool" things like the krummlauf and silencer for the MkB 42 and P 08.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am not going to spend $39.99 to buy a game just to be segregated to joining only certain types of servers that will eventually end up being abandoned in favor of BOOM MkB HEADSHOT servers leaving these certain types of servers populated only by bots.

If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a Nazi will get shot, or a Halftrack of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics,
because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little MKB will get a headshot, well then everyone loses their minds!

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Originally Posted by REZ
My main concern is what the bulk of the population will decide to consistently play after the first 3 months or so. It's easy to say 'just dont play on servers with all the stuff enabled'.. but it doesnt actually work like that.

An example of what I'm talking about is when 50 player servers hit the scene for Ost. A lot of us didn't like how the game played out with that many people on maps not originally designed for such numbers, but we had no choice but to play on the 50's because the bulk of the population decided that's where they were going to play. You simply couldnt get a normal 32 player game anywhere else after a time.

So, 3 to 6 months into the life of RO2 I think you will be able to see where most of the games will be played, as certain servers will have consistently high numbers and others will either remain empty or struggle to get full games going. Then you will see whether relaxed realism will or will not become the gametype you're forced to play.

(and for those who will come in and say you arent 'forced' to play anything, to that I will say you can't really have a game by yourself can you? A server with 6 total people doesnt make a good game (I'm just using a low number as an example). People go where the highest numbers of other players are and that will remain true with RO2 as well. Seeding a server, especially with so many different game modes wont be very successful.)

And how do you suggest we solve it?
Honestly if 3 months down the road there is no 'x' server type that you like then that isn't really TWIs problem now is it? They've given the tools , the options , the possibilities.. in fact they've done everything pretty much to open up the possibilities for anyone to run and enjoy the preferences they like.

If there seriously is no servers of X type that you only enjoy , then the demand simply isnt there and i dunno.. by forcing Y gameplay you ain't gonna keep a community or certain playstyle around for any longer..

I'm also amused by folks that keep repeating.. "oh" i hope there will be servers of 'that' sort .. yada yada yada on launch well yeh sure hope, but TWI has supplied the abilitiy and tools now if the community doesn't acknowledge that is a completely different matter.

What TWI could do is just host a couple of OFFICIAL servers with different settings but thats it.
The community could do the exact same thing and/or create a mod and hope that folks join up.

Personally i'm not worried at all.
Like mentioned over and over again this is probably the PC game of the decade yet now the old school buffs(i thought i was one, playing the game from 2007 but i just cant agree with the moaners) for some reason seem to be worried about all the options we've instead of welcoming them, it's as if they seriously believe that if we forced the game down into a narrow RO-OST clone we would've maintained a better community for a longer period of time and such removing any problems with 'x' lack of players in 18 months.

Seriously get a grip?

If anything then RO2 has the chance of becoming a much larger community than RO1 and the game more popular.
All this while still maintaining the realism, moddablitiy and customization to keep everyone happy.

Be happy?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
rant about stuff

I sometimes wonder if anyone has played any FPS outside RO

Every single FPS I can think of has various custom game modes, settings, "realism" levels, yadayada etc etc

People are gonna go to the one they like. That shouldn't be a problem. It's not a split in the community. It's not a crowding out of other demands. It's playing to preference

Some people on CS: source like vanilla counterstrike - and play in sv_pure servers
others like to play with a little mods, they join the servers screaming BOOM HEADSHOT with each kill
others (like myself) die quite often and prefer a multispawn deathmatch/gungame
others like to join a surf server and slide around
others like to play on maps featuring pr0n pictures on the walls

In Bad company 2 there is normal
and there is hardcore (no hud, die quickly, etc etc)
Conquest, rush, TDM, etc etc
people play the one they like

Team Fortress 2
you got your 24/7 2fort
your payload rotations
your trade servers
your conquest rotations

The list of examples go on...

the point is. A game should be allowed to have different style servers for different play types.
If a certain playtype ceases to exist and no servers can be found - then it obviously is not a popular one and won't last..

but judging by the amount of hardcore realism anti-everything TWI adds that isn't in the original RO - there will be quite a few of these servers going.

And thats fine and dandy
That's the great part about devs who care
We can make the game into what we want it.

If you can't find a community you like - then search harder

Just by judging by how many people on these forums have either
1) Never played ROOST and are waiting for HoS preorder
or 2) just purchased ROOST and waiting for HoS preorder
this game is gonna sell BIG
the community is gonna be BIG
and their are going to be a LOT of different kinds of servers

including super ultra anti-skimask anti-surpressor anti-mkb2 servers (if i make one thats what im naming it)
:IS2::IS2:

afterthought: and i think i agree with Hellbilly for once - all this hardcore arguing and nitpicking does make the CoD/BF crowds look quite a bit more mature

Last edited:
Upvote 0