• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

News Flash! RO2 Interview + some new footage!

What MrLebanon said.

Remember how most people say that with piracy, it's not really lost sales because those people wouldn't buy the game anyway?

Well think of it like that. You're not losing out on people to play with. If someone is playing something other than hardcore realism, then that person probably wouldn't be playing at all if it was just one strict type of play.

You can either have loads of different ways to play, so more people will be playing. Even if it's not a ton of servers you want, having the people around increases the likelihood that they might dabble in it.

If it was just one type of play, then people would know what to expect and would get bored and not come back, so you'd only have the hardcore dedicated.

Even if a couple months down the road, you start seeing trends that you don't like, all it takes is to organize a decent amount of people for something different. If people like it, they'll play it. If not, they won't. Simple as that.

Reactions: MrLebanon
Upvote 0
Meh, I'll probably play on servers that are as realistic as possible most of the time, I enjoy the kind of teamwork/gameplay that comes from things like that much more than if it would be, well, more casual.

I'm going to buy this game and love it, I know I will. And I couldn't bring myself to disown TWI simply because they're adding optional features that will make the game closer to other people's ideal game, all the while adding optional features that make the game closer to my ideal game...

Upvote 0
@TW historic research department people......simple question: were there reports of silenced nagant revolvers being used during the battle of Stalingrad? :confused:

Of course there were no reports of silenced Nagant revolvers. The entire point of a silencer is to suppress gun's report and muzzle flash. :D

Upvote 0
I have concerns bout stuff appearing and disappearing

2nd video

1:00 to 1:03
2nd story windows appear when coming closer

3:19
leafs appearing and disappearing on tree

4:31
Team mate spawning outa thin air almost blocking the shot and definitely near an enemy which was said wouldn't happen ?

The icon for cover needs to be-worked rather then constantly flashing on and off or least moved more to the side
same with the resupply message, while i'm happy that feature is in it has also been said that bullets leave the barrel, so why does a message cover up your free aim barrel

Last edited:
Upvote 0
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?36263-Bramit-device-Nagant-silencer

http://7.62x54r.net/Forums/index.php?topic=5097.0

i is interested in said device

Can't find anything specific on it's use during Stalingrad
but it was most definitely made.. many different suppressor models (bramit devices as well)

it's also quite clear that what is documented on it is very little - as it was a secretive tool for the special agents.

Hence, one cannot argue that it was not there (as if it was, it was sneakily hidden)
and one can also not argue that it was (as before, it was sneakily hidden)

Nonetheless
it existed in the era
some soldiers had them for the dirty behind the seems work - not just assassinations, but covert ops behind German main lines

Because of it's gas chamber function it's the only revolver that is able to be silenced - and it is one of the most quitet practical arms you can find

At this point, we cannot call it unrealistic
I would say yes, it is unrealistic
if every soldier on the russian side had one
but if you have a hero/specops with one why the heck not

Last edited:
Reactions: LordKhaine
Upvote 0
If it can be done with the change of a couple of settings everything should be fine. However, if server admins have to change the available weapons on every map in the map rotation and everything is possible but not easy to do then I can see a lot of server admins simply rejecting this.

Map balance is another problem. If a map is balanced for x amount of x classes and you remove half of the weapons for said classes (and also negate the lvl system and the accompanying boni) then this will completely **** up the map balance.

First argument is solid and indeed worrying a bit. However the second not that much. Totally depends on the level designer and the choices he makes. Also I think the amount of players is much more important than what type of weapons they carry (there are still rifle, semi-auto and mg's...)

I'm just curious if you at least see the point I was making with my post; maybe you were around when 50 player servers came out and how it affected the server landscape, maybe you werent.

Of course we'll have to wait and see how it plays out, but voicing a little concern certainly isnt 'hating' on TWI as some have called it. After all of the enjoyment I've had with the mod and Ostfront over the years, I'd be the last person to show any hate toward TWI even if they chose to chase the larger market and take a different direction with their game.

Of course it's fine to voice an opinion, better now than later.
However instead of making the comment and discuss a bit, followed by TWI saying yes or no, all arguments are ignored and the discussion continues. I hate how 'just wait and see what happens after launch' doesn't work for you. With 5 active 'discussions' on five topics, I guess TWI knows that some people think it's an issue.

Yep, Rez. You bring a really valid point, specially with the 50 players server problem a few years ago :eek:

And my post was directed to the arguing that almost fell into trolling in the last days. You smashed my popcorn example without mercy hahahaha

Remember English is not my first language, and sometimes I can't express and idea as faithfully as I would like xD

The popcorn analogy is actually still dead on. It's an analogy, of course it was oversimplified, that's what they are for!:rolleyes:

The message in the analogy -the community decides, TWI merely gives people an option to do what they like- still is intact.
Not that I say the comments Rez gave were wrong, he just made it more detailed without smashing it with no mercy;)

Seriously get a grip?

If anything then RO2 has the chance of becoming a much larger community than RO1 and the game more popular.
All this while still maintaining the realism, moddablitiy and customization to keep everyone happy.

Be happy?

QFT +1:)

Upvote 0
All I can say is that up until this point I have been extremely trusting of TWI and their gameplay decisions. It's not like I've been ranting against the game since the very beginning. On the contrary -- as most of you know, I've been a pretty staunch TWI fanboy. And that isn't to say that I suddenly am off the bandwagon. That said ...

I just think that this recent footage raises some very real concerns, and many of us (the RO "old guard") are getting cold feet about RO2. I don't want to repeat myself, but it's just now becoming clear that there is ALOT of content that consists of "fluff" weapons and features -- much more than any of us would have thought of back when the game was announced. I'm not sure how I would have reacted if I knew all this stuff would be in the game back when it announced ... the game's philosophical direction has clearly changed much from what I expected back then, or at least from what we were led to believe.

I understand it's TWI's game and that they can do whatever they want, it's just that it's very understandable to see why some of us feel a bit misled about the direction of where RO is going. Again, my concerns are founded in CONTENT, not in gameplay features (for the most part). I'm sure the game will be innovative when it comes to gameplay functions, but the dramatically increasing list of very nonimmersive fantasy weapon additions to this game is having a an overall detrimental effect on my excitement for this game as an authentic WWII experience.

Of course things can be turned off, but with so many things at every level of gameplay (particularly due to the ranking system) full of fantasy fluff, it is starting to look as if it's going to take serious modifications just to have the game feature weapons that would make for an authentic experience. Seeing a silenced weapon in Stalingrad really dampens my spirits ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the last 5 or so people who have either quoted my posts or made references to them have completely missed the point and went off in their own direction. I worded my thoughts very clearly and if you guys insist on painting me with your brush, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

No, I dont think it's Tripwires 'problem' as someone said.

No, my point of view wasnt put out there in hopes of changing TWI's mind.

No, it isnt a problem for me if people choose a game mode they like and it happens to be different than the one I like.

No, I don't think there is a 'solution' to it as someone asked (you want me to get a grip? How about you read and understand the posts I made first)

These are all things you guys have insinuated came from my posts but actually have absolutely nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. My posts arent even about the same things Hockeywarrior is talking about yet my post is somehow attached to his.

Like I said, if you guys wanna be in 'attack mode' because someone has a different point of view than you, and you wanna break out your 'whiny b!tch' paintbrush and slap it across the face of anyone trying to make a valid point that doesnt jive with yours - then I couldnt care less if you can't even be bothered to try and understand where I'm coming from. When you do that you are just as bad as the d!cks who throw hateful temper tantrums around here.

(and here I am responding to teenage johnny come lately fan-boy attack dogs.. really, I'm too old for this sh!t)

Edit - Oh, and Moyako.. I wasnt trying to 'smash' your popcorn analogy; I'm sorry if it came across that way. I appreciate and value your input. I just thought you were referring to my post and I needed to clear it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldih
Upvote 0
I agree with Hockey. I have played RO since the days of Combined Arms and while I am glad RO is gaining a new audience, I fear that the classic gameplay will be lost. I sincerely hope that in the Countdown and Territory game modes, the old class limits will remain and we will see a majority of bolt-action riflemen on the battlefield.

I know most of the recent footage has been of the "Firefight" gametype, but I would really like to see some promotion of the classic ROOST gameplay with class/weapon limits and objectives as opposed to what essentially is TDM. A lot of the videos seem to showcase a lot of the bells and whistles but not much of the classic gameplay which sets RO apart from other shooters. As a loyal Tripwire customer, I would like some reassurance.

Reactions: Apos
Upvote 0
I think the last 5 or so people who have either quoted my posts or made references to them have completely missed the point and went off in their own direction. I worded my thoughts very clearly and if you guys insist on painting me with your brush, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

No, I dont think it's Tripwires 'problem' as someone said.

No, my point of view wasnt put out there in hopes of changing TWI's mind.

No, it isnt a problem for me if people choose a game mode they like and it happens to be different than the one I like.

No, I don't think there is a 'solution' to it as someone asked (you want me to get a grip? How about you read and understand the posts I made first)

These are all things you guys have insinuated came from my posts but actually have absolutely nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. My posts arent even about the same things Hockeywarrior is talking about yet my post is somehow attached to it.

Like I said, if you guys wanna be in 'attack mode' because someone has a different point of view than you, and you wanna break out your 'whiny b!tch' paintbrush and slap it across the face of anyone trying to make a valid point that doesnt jive with yours - I couldnt care less if you can't even be bothered to try and understand where I'm coming from. When you do that you are just as bad as the d!cks who throw hateful temper tantrums around here.

(and here I am responding to teenage johnny come lately fan-boy attack dogs.. really, I'm too old for this sh!t)
Haha I hear you. We ARE talking about different things. Earlier I was simply stating that I agree with you on the servers point.

Regardless, I think we and others bring up some very valid points. I don't see a solution, but forums exist so that people can constructively and respectfully share their opinion.

It's also important to express our evolving "change of heart" about the game -- especially those of us that have been here since the beginning. We are concerned and I think there are many valid points. I think I'll leave it there for tonight. It's too bad that this had to happen -- I was rather looking forward to seeing gameplay footage like this. :(

Upvote 0
the plum colored bolt on the SVT-40. Was that how they really were in 1942?

Plum colored bolts are found in post war refurbs as a result of bueing process. There were no blued bolts back in 1942.

@TW historic research department people......simple question: were there reports of silenced nagant revolvers being used during the battle of Stalingrad? :confused:

Maybe we get a playable GUGB agent-charachter. They might have used those from time to time. Just might. ;P

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice gameplay footage, but those "rare" additions to the weapons really concern me.

It's ok when one or two guys in a 64 player server have access to them, but what happens after 3 months when everybody with higher ranks running around with silenced nagants, double MG mags, mkb's and all those rare weapons? TWI needs to explain their unlocking system and weapons to us.

Also a silenced revolver in the game, really TWI?

Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0